House Renovation in Fairmont Area of Philly | FerrariChat

House Renovation in Fairmont Area of Philly

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ElastomerGuy, Feb 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ElastomerGuy

ElastomerGuy Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2007
    N.W. PA
    My daughter is interested in renovating the house she owns in the Fairmont area of Philly. I've a couple of questions for those who may be in the know for that area. Does anyone know what the average cost per square foot might be to renovate an 800 square foot two story house? We're talking basically gutting the inside and starting from scratch. Second question is, does anyone know of any reputable contractors in the area that might be interested in the job and would be willing to give her a quote?
    Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.

2. mustbenuts

mustbenuts Karting

May 14, 2017
    Lancaster, PA USA
    Full Name:
    GR
    Google or some commercially available cost estimating guides (RS Means is one) would be a start for answering the cost question. "Averages" for a total gut would scare me to provide anything other than a very wide range. Too many variables.
    Regarding contractors - not familiar enough with the city market and not many firms I would recommend locally would travel that far - but please insist that she obtains at least three quotes and checks references

If your daughter goes for the high end finishes you can always ride along and stop at Maranello on the way to Carrara for the marble...
    Good luck

3. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
  4. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I concur with Nick. Andy Robbins is probably the best in the area. Beautiful work

5. LOLAF1RACER

LOLAF1RACER Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2007
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks for the recommendation guys !

6. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hey neighbor. I’m here in Devon. My wife and I are looking to do work on our house. Let’s talk.

7. LOLAF1RACER

LOLAF1RACER Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2007
    Full Name:
    Andy