Let's start two new forums | FerrariChat

Let's start two new forums

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by jacques, Feb 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    It's way past time to start two new permanent threads on cross-reference parts and DYI projects. Use the 308 and Boxer forums as guides and starting pointings. Just a thought. Jq.

larryg, Ak Jim, Jasonberkeley and 2 others like this.
  2. jason blood

jason blood Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    jason blood
    #2 jason blood, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Hello all I am the new owner of the gorgeous blue 1984 400i chassis number 51777 previously owned by my good friend janastas who documented her transition on this forum from 2015 until now. I have wanted one of these since 1985 when my boarding school roommates dad had one. I do not know of any other real ones in Palm Beach - that is all original retaining the production colour, wheels and the v12. Does anyone know the answer? I will have it in my possession in two weeks after the service is done and it ships from Los Angeles. So excited and the color scheme bothe the interior and exterior perfectly match my 2015 Porsche turbo for some great photo opportunities soon to come. Thanks in advance for welcoming me!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Jason Blood - welcome! That is a great looking color combination. I'm sure there are other 400i owners in Palm Beach. Is it a manual or auto? More pics would be nice too.

4. jason blood

jason blood Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    jason blood

No cats, stebro exhaust all original other than exhaust and wind screen. Full records since new. Jonathan did an amazing job on this car - I am truly blessed.

5. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Jason...I am north of you in PSL/Stuart area, with 55027, 1985 400i, white with black interior, original 13k miles.
    We should get these two together sometime !

Gary

6. jason blood

jason blood Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    jason blood
    13k...I'm dying. Yes let's show them off I'm stunned by your mileage! Well done!

7. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Wow. That it the best colour combination for these cars. Well done!

samsaprunoff likes this.
  8. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Indeed... a great color combination... although I am biased, as mine is very similar to this combo :)

Cheers,

Sam

9. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Jason,

Don't be too shocked, as there are others with even less mileage. My 1975 (365 GT4 2+2) has only 15000 KM (about 9000 miles)! The first owner put little miles on the car, and the 2nd pretty much used the car as a golf cart... this is no joke. He actually drove the car on the golf course to transport his clubs. Why didn't the Golf course object? Well, the fellow actually own the courset and several others too. I found out some uber cool stories about this owner from his private pilot who also owned my car for a while. If our cars could talk :)

Cheers,

Sam

Il Tifoso likes this.
  10. jason blood

jason blood Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    jason blood
    Well mine is now geri g new plugs and wires plus an oil change. On its way...

11. jason blood

jason blood Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    jason blood
    Does anyone know the exact colour that the exterior is? I'm trying to have my guy in Milan make me a double breasted blazer to match it..many thanks

12. jason blood

jason blood Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    jason blood
    Ok so an update. Wired the money to the seller at the agreed upon price. He kept stalling me on the title and the bill of sale and eventually disappeared with my mon ey. Not happy. No car, no title, no bill of sale.

13. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    So you wired the entire amount directly to an unknown-to-you seller?

I hope it was just a deposit that is gone. Sorry to hear this.

14. jason blood

jason blood Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    jason blood
    Finally got the title. Apparently work is underway, car should be here soon. Stay tuned- false alarm

Schumi and Jasonberkeley like this.
  15. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Hello Jason. I hope that you have by now received your car and all is as expected. We are all awaiting further updates!

I am shipping my 1980 400i auto (s/n 3329) from Michigan to West Palm Beach later this month. It has undergone an extensive mechanical restoration at my local dealer. I will have interior and exterior work completed in Florida. It is Pozzi Blu with a tan interior with Blu seat inserts and trim. The body is rough and I will still need to replace the exhausts and rear suspension. I would love to get together with you and other local 400 owners to compare notes and admire each other's steeds. Mine was a daily driver for many years and has accumulated over 70,000 miles.

Mike G.