finding a 412 shop manual | FerrariChat

finding a 412 shop manual

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by intrepidcva11, Feb 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    anyone know where I can find a 412 shop manual or better yet, a dvd of the shop manual? Failing that, does anyone on F Chat have one and could I buy a dvd copy or a photocopy of that portion dealing with servicing the brake system?

2. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Seth, I’m not aware of a 412 specific WSM, but the 400 WSM should work for just about everything. They’re available in pdf and have been floating around here amongst fchatters. LMK if you don’t already have it - I’d be happy to share.

Ruben

3. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Not for brake unfortunately... The 412 had quite a few unique parts and features, among other things, ABS and electric diagram, are specific. So if he wants to play with the brakes, he needs the corresponding manual.

A search for ABS in this forum will probably help (ABS means 412 somehow). There was a discussion not so long ago on the issue and Jean Michel shared the electric diagram:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/abs-pump-not-working.589567/

Il Tifoso likes this.
  4. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Thanks Ruben; as Raemin writes, the 412 introduced ABS brakes to Ferrari so presumably I need a 412 specific shop manual. With the proliferation of photcopied DVD's I'm guessing that one is available for 412s.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  5. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    There is a Ferrari 412 ABS manual, its reference is 461/86. It should be available in PDF format.

6. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ferrari did not produce a specifc 412 WSM probably because the 400i 338/ 85 manual covers most of the mechanical stuff.

I'm aware of the 412 A/C manual 468/87, the 412 Wiring manual 441/86, ABS brakes manual 461/86 , 412 service times manual 406/86, Ferrari 412 mechanical parts catalog and the Pinninfarina body parts book.
    M

7. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    WRXMIKE - Might be a great thing to have all the various manuals for each model listed here if you can. I'd like to know all of the manuals that cover my Series I 400iGT. I think I have them all, but there are so many for the 412. Just a thought.

8. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Daren and everyone,

Although I suspect you are interested in service manuals, I recently stumbled across a selection of Ferrari V-12 parts manuals on the Superperformance website:

http://www.superformance.co.uk/v12/manuals.html

Cheers,

Sam

raemin and rovexienus like this.