X-Pipe Questions | Page 3 | FerrariChat

X-Pipe Questions

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by DPA360, May 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 00 550

00 550 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    FL
    Full Name:
    That guy
    I am running a Larini X-pipe and Capristo boxes and like the sound. I have gen 1 Tubi boxes, Larini clup sports valved boxes and a OEM center resonator that I will sell if anyone is interested

2. stevepaa

stevepaa Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2006
    san jose, ca
    Full Name:
    steve
    My 2002 575 had straight pipes and some aftermaket "muufflers' that were empty cans. We could not hear each other in the car. I bought some original 550 mufflers and that helped, but then I had original center/resonator put back in. I prefer the quiet. costs

3. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Terry, time to install the 6-1 headers to get heaven’s sound for your 575.

Wait for a sound file

Daniel

Il Tifoso and F456M like this.
  4. Canuck550

Canuck550 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2015
    Incognito
    Full Name:
    RJA

On my 550 I have Kreissieg titanium exhausts, with Kreissieg x pipes from the cat back, with the valves engaged its really loud sounds like an F1 car.
    Close the valves (manual cabin switch) and its a gentlemens car and so quiet

Is it possible to valve the existing exhaust pipes?

5. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    So you are saying the stock 575 resonator is ok?

6. stevepaa

stevepaa Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2006
    san jose, ca
    Full Name:
    steve
    For me, yes. I do not need to hear the engine much at all. When cruising I prefer music.

7. colamclean

colamclean Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    So, after reading Terry’s comments about the gen 1 Tubis being too loud, I checked mine and see ‘550’ stamped on them. Never had looked at them before. Now I am wondering if anyone out there has replaced a gen 1 Tubi with a gen 2 on their 575m and can comment on the difference it made? No other changes, just the muffler. Reminder, I want quieter, not louder (but I do like the pops on downshifting in sport mode). Thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Patrick this may be some help. When new to me my 2002 575 had all stock exhaust with the exception of 575 Tubi silencers. The exhaust system included the center resonator. It was definitely some louder than stock but I do not remember any resonance. I do remember some popping on down shifts.
    Bill
    FL

9. colamclean

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    Thanks Bill. Coming from you it does help!

Konadog06 likes this.
  10. colamclean

Nov 5, 2013
    McLean, VA
    Full Name:
    Patrick Transue
    OK, I am now in the market for a “quiet” version of the 575 Tubi. I see one on eBay for about $1900. Is that about the best I can do? Any idea where I can find a used pair?

11. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Patrick I’ve actually inquired with the individual I sold my 575 Tubi’s to locally. Wanted to get his current impressions of the sound. Have not heard back yet. He has a 2002 575 and running them on the end of a stock system.
    For a data point I sold them to him 7 or 8 years ago for $1400. They were in nice condition. If I get through to him I’ll ask if he wants to sell. Last time we spoke he was happy with them.
    Will PM with any news.
    Bill
    FL

colamclean likes this.