Fuel consumption gtc | FerrariChat

Fuel consumption gtc

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Luca D, Feb 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Luca D

Luca D Rookie

Jan 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Desantis Luca
    Hello, does anyone know where to find indications on fuel consumption? Cant find it anywhere. Thanks for any suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Have you tried googling “Lusso fuel consumption”?

3. Luca D

Luca D Rookie

Jan 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Desantis Luca
    Id like the live consumption..

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Significant.....frequent visits to the pump....don't even know where in the car to find the exact number but it's less than 10 mpg.....less miles per gallon = more fun

Luca D likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    same with FF have to gas up twice a week when i daily drive it

Luca D likes this.
  6. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I'm sure Ferrari decides to not have such info in the menu due to reasons we all know.;)

CETH and Luca D like this.
  7. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    my Lusso guzzles gas, i dont compute but im sure the gas mileage is very bad

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I don't know what changes Ferrari made in the V12 for the FF, but my 2008 612 V12 gets 17+ mpg on the highway.

9. AMN

AMN Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2018
    NYC, Minneapolis, Bozeman
    Full Name:
    A M N
    I have measured it several times and averaged around 10.5mpg. That would be 22.4L per 100km.

10. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    160 - 200 miles per tank I think? Don't know what's the real mpg tho guess it doesn't really matter since I can't change anything.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    And half of that around town
    For me atleast

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    On trips I'm getting 18-19 mpg cruising Autostrada at mostly around 100mph but squirts upto 200 on the Autobahn brings that down quite quickly. With mixed town and country driving I get around 16mpg. Overall in 10500 miles I'm averaging about 17-18 mpg much the same as my 2015 FF.
    The 't' however will return you about 23mpg driven in the same manner so on 10500 miles I would have saved £872.00 at £1.35 per litre.............wow

deltona likes this.
  13. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    To the OP, I would say that fuel consumption is not a consideration when purchasing. If fuel usage is important then a Ferrari is not for you. If you ask for another reason please elaborate why you ask.

14. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    FWIW: My 2016 FF has used 1,82 liter/10 km - and it is mostly town/city driving. I guess I could get better numbers if/when I go motorway (highway in US I guess) which has a speed limit of 120 km/h here in Sweden. Yes I have a very hard time staying below that speed....

F456M likes this.
  15. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I'm not the OP but found the replies interesting irrespective of any purchase consideration whatsoever. That's just me.:)

mclaren slr and Boomhauer like this.
  16. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    The price of your fuel consumption cannot be a purchase consideration, that does not mean that the fuel consumption per se is not interesting.
    Thats both from a technical point of view and a vehicle range point of view. I don't think that the richest man in the world, when driving to some divine destination, wouldn't be pissed off when the fuel light comes on and he has to find a gas station instead of making progress.

Luca D, Boomhauer, KenU and 1 other person like this.
  17. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    I do not know what the rate of fuel usage of my V12 is other than its a lot. What I do know is that I can travel close to 400 km before needing to fill the tank. That is with some light and heavy throttle usage. If I go light on the throttle then my distance increases but the fun factor goes down. When I go for a drive I know the distance I will be covering and whether there are fuel stations on the way by the time I will need to fill up. I would think that all owners know the approximate distance they can travel before needing to fill up and will plan their journey accordingly.

I stand by my comment to the OP. If the question is asked as a basis for a purchase consideration I maintain that fuel usage does not enter the equation.If it is to determine the distance that can be traveled before needing to fill the tank then that is a valid question in order to be able to plan a journey.

18. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    My 550 use 1,1 -1,2 liter per 100 km when driving smooth at 100 kph... not bad. Actually less than my 2003 Maserati Coupe. Around town it is more!!

Luca D likes this.
  19. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    I get about 6-7mph around down with the lusso. My FF was slightly worse, I think the start stop helps with he lusso around town.

Caeruleus11 and Luca D like this.
  20. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Did a cross country trip with my V12 Lusso back in October. After breaking in the engine I did 18-19mpg on long highway stretches at 85mph avg. Range was close to 400mls on my best eco run:).
    Now stop and go and town traffic, easy to get into very low teens

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    350miles per tank should be easy if you do mostly highway. 90-95% of my driving is highway and that's the mileage I get from a FF, and gtc4 V12 is supposed to be slightly more efficient. I I would love to be able to get to my destination faster but I could never get above 80mph avg due to all those speed traps and having to slow down for all those scattered little towns along the way.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think backroads I get about 8 MPG and highways I get about 16. You can also do a little better if you leave it in auto. But thats boring!

KenU likes this.
  23. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    You should be aiming for <10mpg at all times.

24. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I used my Lusso V12 over the weekend and managed 325 miles on a tank, mostly motorway, some town and a small amount of very spirited driving here and there. I make that over 21 MPG which i don't think is that bad all things considered.

25. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    I think the OP is not asking what I’m general the fuel consumption is, or what he should expect.

I believe he may be asking is there a fuel consumption indicator somewhere in the information presented on the dash. That is, what display, menu or submenu may have the information.

Luca, is that what you seek? A fuel consumption indicator in the car?

Kuba likes this.