The Little Big Things I Love About My TR | FerrariChat

The Little Big Things I Love About My TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Anymac, Feb 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Thought I would list just a few of the cool things appreciate about owning a Testarossa.

Mirrors - elegant minimalism design

Leather - is everywhere and has the perfect smell, hue and balance of durability with tactile quality.

Headrests - besides the Cavalino is that some sort of serial # on the side?!? Details details

Rear Fenders - are completely horizontal and look like the automotive equivalent of the Great Plains. Wow!

Engine Bay - oozes drama and occasion. You can see almost everything unlike my last Lambo and most modern cars. Love how the elevated intake runners sit proudly atop the glorious flat 12 with a curve that looks like a mouse could be in their hanging 10.

Lid Releases - are cold metal. Enough said.

Shifter - looks like an 80’s arcade game

Steering wheel - Seriously this Momo is old school, looks and feels the business and is plain cool.

Strakes - the STRAKES!

Headlights - Always had a thing for pop-up headlights on supercars. Wedge shape ones to be exact. For example they are NOT as cool on a Diablo. But Lotus Esprit yes. However the scale of the TR combined with double lights represent the pinnacle. Pure flagship mystique bossness folks.

Open/Close - the doors that is... with the same if not more simple solidarity than even old 911’s.

These immediately come to mind.. and haven’t even gotten into the drive!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I seriously do this every time I touch the car. I love its details too.

Natkingcolebasket69 and Anymac like this.
  3. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Nice to hear people that I’ve owned it much longer than three weeks still do this!

4. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    You are killing me.... i want one so bad

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4re308 and Anymac like this.
  5. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Dude your TR is absolutely MINT! what an amazing machine. The tan/black combo is super cool too.

Anymac and raysur like this.
  6. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    #7 Anymac, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Anyone know what the number is on the side of the headrest is?

7. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

My favorite things which you covered

The smell of the leather, oooh lalalala. I've always wanted to burn a cigar in there but can't bring myself to do it, the smell would probably be orgasmic though.

Pop up headlights- Something that every cool car had in the 80s and early 90s. anytime you would see them on a tv show or movie, you knew the car was going to be cool.

THE REAR END and the way the mirrors spring out on both sides while looking over it, it just works.

NO POWER steering If you need it, then the TR is not for you, MOVE ALONG

The height of the car - I adore how low it sits to the ground, Enzo knew what he was doing, and this one of his last two cars (F40) and he hears the complaints of customers regarding usability, DOESN'T CARE! Again, if you need a car easy to get in and out of, go grab a Honda.

The way she rests in third gear at about 2700 revs. 2800 is when the serious music begins and she seduces you to get there :)

The simple wedge look of the front. The car is so dramatic at every other angle, no need for any more in the front!

Design harmony. Those lines flow and flow and are so clean. Something that the Countach is missing, making the Testarossa undisputedly the prettier car. Countach is pretty but in more of a Crazy space ship looking way.

The air ducts lining the bonnet lid. Very nice touch. And the fact that there is no chrome anywhere to be found on the car. Red and black only

TR and F40 are the undisputed kings of the modern day Ferraris. The ULTIMATE. Period. It was god's plan. Enzo soon passed after the f40 hit the road.

Anymac and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anymac likes this.
  9. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I agree completely with you. But do remember, the TR was not Enzo’s creation from a design perspective. The design and all body, paint, interior and trimmings were created and manufactured by and at Pininfarina. Ferrari received the cars, installed the glorious engine, drivetrain, and suspension, then shipped it out.

Anymac and turbo-joe like this.
  10. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Yeah If I remember correctly he was very hesitant to start putting the motors in the rear of the road cars, nonetheless he did sign off on the TR.

Anymac and turbo-joe like this.
  11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    as I know F and pininfarina working together and shared ideas and out of this the testarossa was born

Anymac likes this.