"black listed" Veyron? | FerrariChat

"black listed" Veyron?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Carsonp, Jan 22, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    I heard on a different site that VAG can black list a veyron due to unproper maintenance and its nearly impossible to sell?

the example was one that was black listed and couldnt be sold for $300k

can anyone here clear this up? rumor? fact?

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Excellent!! 300k..I could swing that..hopefully more of these "black listed" Veyrons show up!!

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I'd say it's BS, but the supercar world is a strange land...

what does "blacklisted" mean to your source? Warranty voided, parts/service support pulled, VIN # flagged from resale by authorized dealers, etc etc?

4. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    all of the above i guess... service/parts supply is defenitly something that was brought up.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    $300k??? Was it in a car accident or flooded? You could probably part it out for more than that, but I guess you would need someone to sell the parts to and they would probably get it straight from Bugatti anyway.

Hmm...sounds like bs. At the end of the day, it's a car and not a Saturn V rocket. I don't think it takes a PhD to understand how the Bug works to fix regular maintenance.

6. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
  7. ibesuc

ibesuc Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Bugatti wants you to replace the Veyron’s tires every 2,500 miles and wheels every 10,000 miles. Is it possible to refuse this? It seems like an unnecessary service if you drive the car normally.

It’s not like you are skipping an oil service... prospective buyers shouldn’t worry about skipped wheel replacements imo...

Also, what if you put aftermarket wheels on the car?

8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Weird. I would guess pulled warranty support for unauthorized maintenance, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get parts.

I can confirm that a PhD in the biological sciences would be of no help whatsoever. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.

Jaguar36 likes this.
  9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I would guess the time and wheel change is more a liability issue then anything else. Audi knows these cars will mostly be stagnant items in a collection. Sitting more then driving. If said collector decides one day to take his sitting veyron up to speed with old tires, bugatti cannot in anyway be implicated if bad things happen. Can you imagine losing a tire at 220mph?