What did you have for lunch today? | Page 68 | FerrariChat

What did you have for lunch today?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Aug 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Lunch today was Quesadilla made with the remaining queso fresco and cotija (from Enchilada battles I and II). I have to say, I think regular old cheddar/jack mix shredded cheese makes better quesadillas.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Gotta throw some jalapenos in there next time.;)

3. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    4re308 and tomc like this.
  4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Agree. I think they get gooier ( more gooey?!? ) and hold things together than the traditional Mexican cheeses...T

5. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Found a very cool mom and pop middle eastern; bakery, grocery, and restaurant all in one. We had a kabab sampler and a veggie plate. Every item here was fantastic. Even the rice was pilaf style with some veggies cooked down in it and was full of flavor. This place rocks, we will be going back soon.

6. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

My chili and Fritos. It’s been forever since I’ve had Fritos. It was good, but think I’d rather keep them separate. Fritos are so good by themselves.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Oh man, you win the Internet. Next time, just pour the chili in a bag!
    T

wax, NbyNW and arizonaitalian like this.
  8. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    I need to start physically following you around because the dishes you're consuming are right in my wheelhouse. Also, +1 for the dim sum - could literally eat dim sum every day of my adult life - and +1000 for the Indian cuisine. Personally, it's THE most overlooked/underrated food that's readily available to everyone; the stigma that people unfairly give it is an edible injustice. Blindfold an Average Joe, feed him/her Indian food (Alu Gobi, Butter Chicken, Malai Kofta, Beef Vindaloo, etc.) and I guarantee they'll want more.

4re308 and arizonaitalian like this.
  9. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have Frito pie more often than I should as it's super quick for the times I run home for lunch. I use far too much shredded cheese on mine though.

10. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Had chick filet for the first time a couple of days ago. Was okay, seemed a bit fresher than typical fast food. Good waffle fries. Portions were a bit small. I try to only eat fast food when traveling all day long distance...go to is Wendy’s, but will add this place to the approved list.

11. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That’s awesome. I’ll remember that trick. I couldn’t get over how good the Fritos smelled. It’s been years and years since I’ve had them. Comfort food! Eating all these new potato chips with odd flavors. Mediterranean, blah, blah. Get back to basics.

12. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    I could eat my height in Chili Cheese Fritos.

4re308 and wax like this.
  13. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm quoting this because it's from the very first page of this thread, 11 years ago.

I used to eat two freaking lunches. I don't know how I stomached it.

I also eat Chipotle all the time and never eat at Freebirds because their price to serving ratio just doesn't match up. Although I may try it again soon as it's been a while.

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I would pay to see that! :D
    Please record and post to YouTube!
    T

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yeah, if I eat a single big lunch, I'm lethargic all PM. Two? I'd be catatonic.
    T

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You will not be disappointed!
    T

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Be careful what you wish for! I've been on a BBQ crawl with AzIt.
    You'll eat a ton, but it'll be great grub! :p
    T
    p.s. Agree with you about Indian.

18. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I miss NC vinegar based BBQ. It’s the best! One of these days I’ll get back down there.

19. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It actually wasn't heavy since it was just protein and veggies. Most of the time it was a fruit and a veggie. So no carbs other than whats in the veggies. I'd eat at 11 and 3 if I remember correctly.

I was in the first year or more of working out regularly and trying to gain weight but also eat pretty healthy. When everyone else was eating cake I would be eating that. They hated me. lol

That diet literally led me to hate chewing. I got tired of eating. That went on for years.

20. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Dave, tried Baiz near Downtown Phoenix. ****ty location, but it was really good, some of the stuff in the market is super cheap too. $2.50 for pizza size pita (or maybe a different kind) bread.

For lunch today, I had Roland's Market cheese quesadilla and I added chicken. The owners are well-known local chefs. One is Chris Bianco and he owns a prestigious pizza place here, so obviously, food was good here too.

21. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    We will try that Baiz. I posted above #1681 about the Market/Bakery...it was outstanding (way better than the Baiz I went to). Give it a try...

We went to Roland's a couple of months ago...and I have to say I was unimpressed. I love both Bianco and Taco Chiwas, so my expectations were high for some sort of bizzare fusion of those two cuisines...and found "meh" boring burro's and quesadillas and flatbreads. Very sterile place imho. May try it again someday and hope for better from those guys...

Oh, speaking of Bianco...I went to the one on Camelback last month and it reminded me that he is still the king of Neapolitan pizza...I can't wait to go back. The Sonny Boy is so good! (they all are I guess)

22. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Yeah, I'll agree they are a bit boring, I took half of the quesadilla home and spruced it up and added some pickled jalapenos and it kicked it up. Their cilantro-jalapeno salsa is really addicting though.

I went with coworkers my first time and had some kind of green chile dip which was really really good.

23. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    tomc likes this.
  24. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich with a coke for my post workout meal.

Haven't had one in years and it was okay. Not as crispy and tasty as I remember it. Could be the location I went to.

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    How does it compare with Chick Fil A?
    T