Scuderia shields for TR | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Scuderia shields for TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by F360-1386, Jan 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
  2. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I have a set of metal ones but they are made to fit in the stamped recess on the fenders so equipped. I think they are pretty
    but fairly sure you can't make them work without pain in the ass work and $$. Beautiful car btw.

3. 53ford

53ford Karting

Nov 13, 2009
    I've got the plastic shields on my '90 tr. They were on when I got the car 10 years ago and I never really liked them as they are faded and looked cheap even back then. They are still on only because I'm afraid of having two shades of red on my fender. Anyone that has removed them care to comment? And how exactly did you remove them? Thanks.

4. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I intend on removing the ones I have on mine too. Take it to someone that really knows how to do these type things that you know. If I did mine I would use a hardryer and 3m adhesive remover spray once I started getting the edge up. Remember that since this is Glasurite paint that is single stage, you can buff it to make it the same color if the red paint has faded. Use a professional if you can. If the paint turns loose of the body you will be painting. Always very scary.

turbo-joe likes this.
  5. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Heat gun on low, goo gone, and a few micro fiber towels will get rid of the badge decals as it did on mine.

After done you will want to machine cut and buff. If this is something youre not familiar with then take it to someone else, not worth the risk

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    but warm the shield only a little so you can take it off slowly.

MOSS likes this.
  7. spazgaz

spazgaz Karting

Aug 1, 2007
    Melbourne
    I removed mine after being on the car about 15 years; decided I wanted it to look original again. Was worried about the faded paint issue as well as potentially pulling the paint off. I just took it VERY slowly, lifting from a corner. No prior heating. Came off no problem. No paint fading evident. Just required a very light polish to remove the border formed by some residue from years of waxing.

8. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Anyone ever thought of hand painted ones like Ferrari Atelier can do?

9. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    No, but I found some super thin contoured metal ones for our TR cars. Much nicer than the plastic ones.