05036 for sale at Hyman | FerrariChat

05036 for sale at Hyman

Discussion in '206/246' started by Bluebottle, Feb 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    "However, the project quickly evolved, and soon 05036 was stripped to bare metal shell in preparation for a methodical, nut and bolt, concours-quality restoration.
    Photos of the restoration process reveal the car has an exceptionally straight and rust free body and structure. The exquisite paintwork, in factory-correct Rosso Chiaro, is exemplary of the sort of work Mr. Roxas built his reputation on. The color is applied to laser-straight panels with crisp lines and precise, consistent gaps all around."

It looks nice. Some questionable choices, and I wonder why they didn't get the door alignment right.

375+ and tifoso2728 like this.
  2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Fran Roxas is famous for Packard restorations.

3. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This car looked a bit off to me. I’d be curious what the community thinks of it.

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Black paint comes too far up the body. Camshaft covers etc. look a bit over-shiny. Aforementioned door shut lines. Steering wheel is repro (and probably shouldn't have holes). Two Pininfarina badges instead of one. Droopy front bumpers. Seats probably not to original spec.

How am I doing so far?

5. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris

Very much in line with my first impression, thanks for the feedback.

6. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I think the steering wheel should have holes but the rim looks too thick. Good looking Dino.

7. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    Is it just me, or does the ride height look off? It appears that the waistline crease along the side of the car pretty much lines up with the top of the wheels. On my car it is a good inch-plus lower than the wheel top.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Probably needs to be driven for the shocks to settle.