360 - Door lock mechanism | FerrariChat

360 Door lock mechanism

Discussion in '360/430' started by kes7u, Feb 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hello. The inside door lock mechanism doesn't function properly on my 360, and I am considering trying to adjust the wire inside the door. I was just hoping someone could tell me how the latch functions, when it is working properly? (i.e. when you pull up the lever, is it supposed to stay up, or return into position?) Just didn't know what was a normal functioning of the lever.

Thanks!
    Kevin

2. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    Should all move freely. Which side door is it. I have a near new right side door mechanism and cables if need a replacement.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

kes7u likes this.
  3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    The first thing I would try is “loosening” the lock button on the inner door handle. It’s opposite to the usual rotation. Left is not loosely. Usually if this lock cable is too tight the door mechanism gets funky. Loosen that.. then loosen the inner door handle a bit

kes7u likes this.
  4. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    If the door lock lever does not go back down after pulling it up then it's probably rod that has come off the plastic clip on the door latch mechanism located in the door just below the outside door handle

kes7u likes this.