How many 1967 911R’s remain? | FerrariChat

How many 1967 911R’s remain?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Mckinney, May 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    A drive in a friend’s GT3 has got me thinking about Porsches. Can someone advise how many 911Rs from 1967 remain? Also, is this a $2M car or much more? I could find no recent transactions in a quick search.

Thanks

2. kevin956

kevin956 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Short answer - yes. $2m+ Values depend on originality because so many were raced hard.

3. marksgtv

marksgtv Karting

May 29, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark Morrissey
    I knew the owner of #20 but never got a ride in it, damn it all. That's the Lance Reventlow car which has since been sold to a California collector. It went up for sale in 2008 for 1.2 million and I'm pretty sure the purchase price only a few years earlier was around $300,000. There's some really wonderful, iconic treatments to these cars. If you're interested, there's a very good article in an issue of 000 Magazine on one. I have no idea how many remain but I there were a few prototypes produced before the 20 main cars. Most have the amazing, MOMO monza, abarth style, flat-spoked, slotted steering wheel which is the holy grail of MOMOs. Working on a story hopefully for 000

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud and Finlander like this.
  4. marksgtv

marksgtv Karting

May 29, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark Morrissey
    ... forgot to mention... this car was previously silver when it was in the Matsuda Collection car museum in Japan... there's a pretty cool book on that collection you can get on Amazon.... I have a copy. someone bought it, brought it back to its original Reventlow blue color and it was purchased by the Blackhawk collection who sold it to my former buddy.

5. Carrerarsr

Carrerarsr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
  6. freestone

freestone Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2005
    West Coast USA
    Way more than $2mm

And they were 1968’s not 1967’s, except the prototype.

7. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    You can start by going here:

https://www.porscheregister.com/911r-register--1967