1st Ferrari: From Huracan to Testarossa! | FerrariChat

1st Ferrari: From Huracan to Testarossa!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Anymac, Jan 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Looking good! Hope u bought right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anymac likes this.
  3. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Thanks! Sounds a bit like a backhanded congrats ;-). Are you not happy with yours?

sherrillt and MS250 like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Well u seemed very in love with the huracan sound etc so I hope u will get to like it.
    I personally stop liking any mixer Ferrari since the 355. I love the new ones but not like the old ones.
    This looks to be a fine example which I hope will fulfill you!

5. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    Beautiful example. Do you plan to maintain it as a concours car or will you put some mileage on it?

Anymac likes this.
  6. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Did you buy it from Canepa?

7. Natkingcolebasket69

I believe this is indeed the canepa car. License plate match with the ad.

8. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Congrats! Enjoy it.

Black and tan is a sweet find. I love it.

9. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    That is a ridiculous comment. Why would you hope that he bought right? If you want to know what he paid why not just ask him?

To the OP congrats on your purchase, car looks amazing, hope you enjoy it.

Cotton, MS250 and xplodee like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

I wasn’t talking about $$$. If u read his previous posts he was concerned about the sound vs his hurracan so you can kindly keep your ridiculous to yourself, thank u

Craine likes this.
  11. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    This car looks awesome, the Black dash is very rare and I really like it
    I have a question for you, you wanted to mod your testarossa with wheels and lower it. I personally like the look of both, original and tasteful modded.
    Are you planning to mod this concours model?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    I plan to enjoy at whatever pace comes naturally meticulously taking care of it in the process! I really do feel these cars are meant for driving so I’m not a big fan of guilt from doing just that. I do recognize if I keep it another 20 years at some super low mileage it would be worth more than say 30k-40k miles. But what’s the fun in that!

Not to mention (knock on wood) other endeavors better continue yielding much more than just ANY automotive investment. This applies to all of us. I really hope the folks that just sit on them do so because they have 45 cars and just don’t get around to driving it. Otherwise, what a waste of endorphins and elevated vibrations!

13. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Looks like a really nice car... congrats!

14. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Anymac, we all want you to enjoy your new purchase and will give advice and help when asked. It looks to be a clean TR and we hope you enjoy many miles of smiles. Sometimes internet comments may come across wonky. We are are all TR custodians and love them like children. Please continue to post your experiences and learning's as it benefits the collective. And we will do the same for all to benefit.

The black dash is a keeper for sure. Make sure to check the fuse box and plan on switching out the diff to a one piece unit when the next engine out is performed.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Well said ;)

16. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Thank you! Btw, custodian is a perfect word btw. I really appreciate such a post.

My first experience with Ferrari was not so good. In 2015 when I was shopping I was cross-shopping 458, 650S and Huracan. I was really down to 458 and Huracan. When I called my then local dealer the asked me when I was planning to make purchase. I told them within the next couple weeks. They actually told me I could not come drive a 458 - as if my purchase timeframe wasn’t soon enough!

It all worked out because although I had owned 3 NSX’s and was thinking 458 might be the natural progression I ended up completely smitten by my new Huracan! But that experience made me wonder about overall Ferrari ownership and whether the ownership community is also overly eliteist.

Fortunately I have generally experienced - particularly in these forums that by and large the owners are good folks!

Thanks again! I am looking forward to meeting my custodian comrades and learning more about this car!

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes we will all help u if u have issues with ur car; it’s a fantastic source of people that love the greatest car in the world (at least to us) congratulations again;)

blkdiablo33 and turbo-joe like this.
  18. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Gorgeous car. The black dash is so cool. Do whatever you want to it! New wheels, revised suspension, Brembo’s, bi-turbo, enjoy it! Its your car now and what a car it is.

Out of curiosity what was the list on this one? At any price, I’d say it’s well bought. Wow is it clean

19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    congrats enjoy in good health.you did good huracan always avaiable buying a cherry tr not so you will love this tr much more than a huracan and yes u will be more anal with the tr than lambo,its a very special car.look forward you receiving it and get your feed back.

20. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    nat get a tr again start the new year right

21. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Couple questions.

1) I’m on the fence with wheels or not. I love it clean and unmolested. I have not seen any pics of TR with spacers on OEM wheels. Much less lowered on spacers. Anyone?

2) IF I do wheels only OEM similar but modular wheels seem to look good to my eye. However, when I do a search I only see UK companies and some of their links don’t work. Any sources?

3) I test drove a TR with. Tubi and it was sounded stock. I think there are levels for Tubi? I heard Fuchs on YouTube and it sounds best so far. True?

22. Natkingcolebasket69

I’m very close to... ;)

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

3-the precats ans cats are the things that mute the sound. Take them off and u will have big difference. There also are some tubi a bit louder than others (diff models)

Anymac likes this.
  24. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    you can put 512 m or 512 tr wheels with spacers with lug nuts provided with the set,i had 512 m wheels on mine i put the stock wheels back on love both looks.

25. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    ive heard stock and tubi and tubi for sure sounds better and looks really nice from the rear view