Lost 1961 250 GT, Vin 1831, engine 1831 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lost 1961 250 GT, Vin 1831, engine 1831

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by leefchambers, Apr 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    It's an interesting coincidence that Salem, Oregon, really a pretty small town, has had at least three PF coupe-owning residents during that time period-- 1381GT, 1831GT and 1747GT.

john

2. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    John - I was thinking the same thing. Who would have thought Salem, OR? Perhaps the Pacific NW climate also helped preserve the cars...

I was sad to learn that the long-term owner of 1747GT and his spouse have both passed away. I had kept in touch with them over the last decade.

John Vardanian likes this.
  3. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    I went up to Salem, OR to meet Carl Webb back in 2007. He's the fellow that restored 1381GT (mine). He gave me a couple boxes of parts, an engine stand and other mementos from the car. I am glad I made the trek. I have been keeping in touch with him since, he is in his early 90's now. Here, Carl (on the left) and the car in 1978, Mississippi, taking deliver from the dealer, International Motorcars. The fellow next to him is Charlie Kemp, the owner of the dealership, he used to be a Can-Am driver with reasonable success.

john

Image Unavailable, Please Login