anyone have these chinese floor mats. looks incredible! | FerrariChat

anyone have these chinese floor mats. looks incredible!

Discussion in '360/430' started by goto35march, Jan 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    Interesting.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I have had similar floor mats made from China before.

Fit isnt bad, leather is just hard leather, but, I find it looks a bit tacky for my liking.

3. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    The mats probably emit toxic fumes :) And I'm not kidding. I bought a mat for my front door and the fumes were so bad I had to get rid of it. If you understand how the Chinese business works, you will avoid their products.

4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Wonder how much if any china made content is in a new Ferrari?

I know heavy industrial mfg has improved tremendously in the past 20 yrs. we run Chinese drilling rigs and line pipe in my business.

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    It is interesting how so many are stuck on realities of 20 years ago. China can and does manufacture great products. Yes, they can make cheap as well but that doesn't preclude making good quality.

E60 M5 likes this.
  6. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I've come across these mats in my searches and thought they look too much like a winter mat. I'd see if they make a version without the molded sides because they look like they'd still be worth the price. As for the comments about Chinese quality, well, there is good and bad quality from every country. You're likely safe with automotive floor mats, however, I wouldn't trust my life with a carbon framed no-name bicycle.

7. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    This couldn't be more spot on . I buy so many of my aftermarket parts from my contacts in China and they always have great quality .

8. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob

No doubt, I’d hate to buy these mats only to discover I need to wear an oxygen mask when I drive my car. Personally I’ve never been happy with automotive products made in china, even if they look good initially..they never hold up or last long.

9. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Doing a quick google search shows similar mats available all over the internet, including on Amazon. The material is clearly not leather...it is some sort of vinyl. I see many similar descriptions of this new miracle material: "XPE Leather Material is friendly protection materials with impermeable to moisture, shock, noise, heat, good plasticity, toughness, recycling, environment protection, strong anti-collision and many other advantages."
    • All Weather protection, Waterproof Luxury XPE Leather Full Set Floor Mats, Durable and Heavy Duty, No Smell
    • Material: XPE Leather - eco-friendly and low density polyethylene materials.

10. kelley

kelley Rookie

Apr 16, 2009
    Just a thought buy the mats from a reputable source like USA

11. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    or Canada ;)

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  12. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Interesting. When I originally thought it must be a synthetic material as well, I googled eco leather, and the results indicated that it is genuine leather, but treated with a more environmentally friendly process using vegetable oils or something.
    Some of the ones I looked at on amazon indicated that they are summer mats only, which may suggest they are real leather.

Not that I’m completely confident in the offshore sellers command of language and descriptions.

13. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Wrong search term....try "XPE leather" and see what you get. They just threw in the "eco" term to confuse potential buyers. There is not a ton of info on XPE leather, as it appears to be relatively new, but sounds much like PU leather and bonded leather....just another synthetic product. I'm still unclear if it has any real leather of any significance. Bonded and PU leather make claims to having some real leather in it...but when I have dissected samples, it appears for all intents and purposes to be 100% synthetic. But many manufacturers misuse terms...so even if bonded or PU is supposed to have some real leather components, nothing stops a seller to simply lie (for example claim bonded leather and use vinyl).

14. mpatrizio

mpatrizio Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Mike P.
    I bought similar mats for my Alfa Romeo daily driver. They generally look good, but at least in my daily, they haven't been that durable. My biggest issue is that the fitment along the edges isn't perfectly fitted, as say you'd get from a weathertec set of mats. This would bother me to no end in my F430.

In fact, if you look at the ebay pictures, you can see what I'm talking about where the mat meets the door sill at the up-turned lip.

I'd buy them again though, in a heartbeat. They were less than $100 for front and rear.

15. DaChosen1FoSho

DaChosen1FoSho Karting

Dec 23, 2017
    Those look hell tacky