275 GTB/4 10771 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

275 GTB/4 10771

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by aporue, Oct 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    See post #15.

Marcel Massini

2. Candide

Candide Formula 3

Apr 6, 2017
    Monaco
    I did.

And read many other topics or sources.

I will stay away.

but for other objective reasons.

I would have appreciated pics of the destroyed car for example...

I only have post # 15...

And cannot be satisfied by only some words.

A little too short for me to put on trail the so-called 10771.

3. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Recently through friends i got in touch with the owner of the 10771 and once we started talking about the car and he lended me some documents, i came home willing to know a bit more of it, so i did the obvious, google the VIN.

Course i found a lot of opinions about the car and that's normal, give opinions is really cheap, mostly without backing that opinion with proves... Its like say to someone "dont marry her" and hide behind the bushes. Starting from .cc site that said Crashed, Destroyed, Written off.. (no date, no driver, no place and of course, no photo). Then i found myself again here in the Ferrari Chat and voila, Marcel just saying "stay away". I really respect Marcels opinion, but has to be backed by something else, not even just words, many other things.

Only i can say is, according to the owner, car had a crash and was, apparently, badly damaged. Was later dismounted to the point that the chassis and body were in UK, while the engine was in Germany (now they are together again). Car was reassembled in Maranello long time ago and engine is being rebuild in Modena.

Hope this info is useful and here its a photo of the car today. Please, someone correct me if im wrong.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    You are wrong.
    Very.

Marcel Massini

5. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Duno, at least a brought a foto to the table... If you have any document to say that im wrong (which is something i dont discard), feel welcome to share it out of the bushes.

6. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #31 Marcel Massini, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Just FYI the well-known photo you posted shows French dealer Jean Guikas of Marseille next to the car, in case you don't know him personally. This photo is currently being sent around the globe by brokers and dealers from all four corners of this planet.
    Plenty of documents, detailed photos and history exist to prove what this vehicle really is but can not be shared here due to legal issues.
    No doubt you are aware that the current owner has been desperately trying to sell that vehicle since 2000. No fewer than 8 different dealers, brokers, wannabees and the like (domiciled in Lecce, Bari, Torino, Florence, Ginevra, etc.) have been trying to find a victim in the past few years.
    May I also suggest that you ask Ferrari Classiche in Maranello what they had to say about that automobile.
    BTW, the original engine is in a car in Switzerland and not with the car you are talking about.

Mr Balbiani: Are you still involved with reconstructions, replicas and cars with "unusual histories"?

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/the-froilan-gonzalez-ferrari-in-the-barn-still.582393/

Marcel Massini

FF4X4 and F40org like this.
  7. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Marcel.
    Thanks for the explanation and my job is purely related to Motorsport, although i crossed with this sort of projects. Regarding the Gonzalez Ferrari Chevrolet, i had a meeting with Mr. Lalli (FC) back in September. He agreed to take a look so i sent what i had at this time. He asked for more docs and took me 2 month to have them and were sent to Maranello a month ago. Ill be happy to share all with you but dont have your contact.
    Regarding the 275, despite the owner is trying to sell it since long ago and that people must stay away from it... Can you explain me "why?".

8. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    If it is being marketed as a 'real' car and priced as such, then it would be a mistake to pay that amount based on all of the information in this thread.

9. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Appreciate the explanation and that's what i read in the topic and it might be true as well. Fact is that was was spotted in pieces in 2000. There was a car or there was pieces? "you were told" means that you are not 100% sure... Please, dont misunderstand me, im not trying to argue. Im just trying to find out how to deal with a very sensible information and is not my intention to buy the car. But lets say we have a re bodied 10771 with a lot of parts of the 10771 (or a Ferrari 275 GTB4)... How do we call this?

10. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    If you refer to my quote from L Wayne Ausbrooks, it's quite simple: by international standard and convention, the chassis is the car. That is to say if you have the chassis and I have everything else (body, engine, axles, etc.), you have the car. That being the case the experts are saying that what is for sale is not the original chassis (and on and on). So then what you have, at best, is a recreation incorporating perhaps some percentage of the original car. To determine what it is, you have to ask 2 questions; what percent is original and does what is not present survive (is it somewhere else as opposed to being distruta/destroyed). It is by going through this exercise and consulting with third party experts who do not have a personal stake in what is being marketed/represented that you can arrive at a conclusion as to what it is, what to call it, how to value it relative to the sister cars of that model that survive in a complete or near complete state.

11. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Thanks a lot Readplays... this was what i needed to read... "the chassis is the car"... Whatever you put on top. And, according to many people, the 10771 chassis is no longer in existence

12. huayra

huayra Rookie

Nov 13, 2014
    Bad Bodendorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Jose Manuel Balbiani
    Guys, im not 100% sure that your appreciations are correct. Therefore, i make public the invitation to Marcel, or whoever is keen to revise the car, to take a close look and make a statement about it. I can also share documents in private in order to find the truth about it and make it clear for all the users. Of course, in an impartial way.

It is true that the owner doesn't want Ferrari Classiche to certified the car as he has an idea about them as many other Ferrari Classic users has. Some people think that FC only is interested in make money and not in find authenticity of the cars. I mean, any Ferrari impartial expert should say, within minutes, if the car is a Ferrari or not, otherwise is not an expert. Am i right?

I dont know how many people tried to sell the car before...

turbo-joe likes this.
  13. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Of course.

I'm sorry but I think after the first page of this thread people can draw their own conclusions. Frankly, if I were a buyer- and I'm not- I would be concerned by your most recent post. If you have contra-evidence to previous claims, post it. The idea that people are going to come to you in order for you to make your case is a bit silly.
    The truth will set you free. If there is something you wish to share, bring it out into the daylight for all to see. Other than that, a good day to you, Sir.

Pierre Coquet likes this.
  14. F40org

F40org Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    Munich / Ft. Myers(FL)
    Full Name:
    Rolando
    @huayra
    Don't invest to much time in this car. It is done - too many mistakes in the past.

15. Samuel126

Samuel126 Rookie

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Taris
    Hi there, Does anyone know where this alleged 10771 is?

16. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    You may want to properly identify yourself.
    The original car using that number does no longer exist and I am sure you know all that already........

Marcel Massini

F40org and readplays like this.
  17. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Hey "Samuel126", where are you?

Marcel Massini

readplays likes this.
  18. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Samuel126, hello???

Marcel Massini

19. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Bump........

Marcel Massini

F40org likes this.
  20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Bump, again.

Marcel Massini

21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Last seen January 17, 2023. Probably a lurker here.

turbo-joe likes this.