Speedo on right screen 2018 488GTB | FerrariChat

Speedo on right screen 2018 488GTB

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DMantooth, Jan 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMantooth

DMantooth Karting

Dec 24, 2018
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ill have to double check but I dont think you can. I thought only information, radio etc were on the right side. I may be totally mistaken as I havent paid attention to this.

3. Macki

Macki Rookie

Oct 3, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Simon
    of course you can, just press and hold the volume knob of your soundsystem. you can turn it completely off this way, then the speedo wil appear.
    you can also select wether you want a digital or analog speedo displayed. you can do this in the setup screen

pdxjim488, Caeruleus11, kandi and 2 others like this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification.

5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Holding the central button on the right satellite (between "back" on the right and "main" on the right) should do the trick, you select to show digital or analog counter in the menu of the left TFT.
    The right screen is multi purpose though, and for instance the navigation is always on the right screen - so if you use the navi map you cannot have the speedo on the right (because the nav cannot go to the left).
    Fortunately my car seems to default to the speedometer, but I admit it is not intuitive at all.

pdxjim488, ca_scud and DMantooth like this.
  6. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    What I have noticed about that setting is the phone doesn't connect if you put the speedometer over there.

7. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    Left screen is for vehicle settings, right screen for infotainment.

putting the speedo on the right will shut down the infotainment controls - therefore they added the digital speedo to the left screen (wasn't possible in the 458).

8. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

In any event , nice rig you got there bro. Congrats man and all the best, Kirk

DMantooth likes this.
  9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yeah, that is what I concluded but I like the bigger speedo on the right as it's easier to see and I like the gauges on the left. That's how I mostly drive and I just ignore the phone when someone calls.

10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    You can have the phone connected with the speedo on the right, you cannot configure it with the speedo on the right but after it's done it can work (works on my car anyway).

11. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    How do you get the phone to connect if you have the speedo on the right?

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I will have to check, but IIRC once the bluetooth has been configured to connect the phone, it can connect automatically and work (i.e. receive calls, you need the right screen to place calls) with the speedo displayed.

13. Zombies

Zombies Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    I use it this way all the time.

You press and hold Options View for a few seconds, and it comes up. I use my left screen for the temperature gauges to know when the car is warmed up.

The Bluetooth is weird this way though — I often have to get out of Options View, go to media, my music starts, and then press Options view again. I asked the dealership about it and they said there was no problem, so it’s a minor annoyance but part of my routine while I’m backing out of my garage.

I love the speedo on the right and the VDA info on the left.

488mct and DMantooth like this.
  14. DMantooth

DMantooth Karting

Dec 24, 2018
    What temp do you consider the car warmed up? New to this whole Ferrari things so any help is appreciated. The manual says not to let it warm up but that is under the environmental section. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Zombies

Zombies Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    It maxxes out around 180-190. Much lower than my previous ICE cars, but I’ve been in Teslas for a while so I’m a bit out of the game. It’s about a 10 min drive to backroads for me, and by the time I’m 3/4ths of the way there I’m good to go. I just enjoy having the gauges up as I start to push it.

16. DMantooth

DMantooth Karting

Dec 24, 2018
    Great tip! If I push the volume button to engage the speedo on the right TFT, it turns off the radio. If you press the options button, as you suggested, I can still hear the radio and see the speedo. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations on your new ride!

DMantooth likes this.