WRC | FerrariChat

WRC

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Igor Ound, Dec 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound

Attached Files:

william and Boomhauer like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Nine (9) times World Rally Champion would you believe !!!

Probably tired of retirement, although he races in other series (WTC, GT, LMP), Seb Loeb makes a come back !!!

3. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    The last two WRC seasons were great! Very close competition, multiple winners and cars that under the new rules are harken back to the glory days of Group B. Super exciting unlike F1 which has turned into snooze fest. The Loeb comeback was the cherry on top!

william likes this.
  4. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Yes, & if WRC would get on a widely available American TV network & air the races like they used to on Speed Vision, we could all watch & they would grow their audience. The same could apply to Moto GP.

Sharknose likes this.
  5. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    No need to have it on TV! Go to WRC plus ( https://plus.wrc.com/en/ ) and for 50 euro a year you can watch everything they show on TV and A LOT more (including a ton of onboard footage - every driver, every stage). You can watch it live or after the fact. I was really upset they no longer had it on TV until I found WRC Plus. Worth every penny!

Sharknose and william like this.
  6. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I used to watch it religiously, still my favorite racing. The skills are amazing. I get that you can subscribe to wrc+ but man another subscription just rubs me the wrong way.

Sharknose likes this.
  7. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Swallowed my pride

Igor Ound likes this.
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #9 Igor Ound, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    This year has to be the best lineup pretty much ever!

9. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Trying to upgrade because you need to spend more to watch live and it doesn’t work. Kicker is, their support link doesn’t work either. Piece of ****! 50 euros for highlights even though it says live and then when you want to spend more to watch the race it doesn’t ****ing work. I am pissed.

10. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    They fixed it.

Igor Ound likes this.
  11. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    Well, I never wat
    Worth the 50 euro and the technical issues? It it to me. So much more real than F1 (and I used to watch F1 religiously, now DVR it and mostly fast forward).

12. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    Sorry for the messed up post above.

Anyways, the 2019 Monte Carlo rally is now behind us and it was an awesome start to the season with extremely close and exciting competition to the very last stage. I'm a Tanak fan myself but am still thrilled that the champ moved to the team that finished last in 2018 and yet was still able to win in his very first rally. What would Hamilton's or Vettel's chances be if they moved to Haas or Force India??? The very nature of the sport continues to put a premium on drivers' skills in a way that very few other series in motorsports do.

vincent355 and Igor Ound like this.
  13. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    In other news Bottas has wom a stage of his first rally although in a slightly more powerful car than his opponents.

I really want Loeb to start winning and change his mind to compete for overall victory.

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Second win for Ogier with Citroen, him and Citroen now stronger seconds to Tanak and Toyota.
    Seems to show how much depends on the driver (and co-driver) - Citroen was nowhere in the past few years and now they are competing for the top.

15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Loeb was able to win for them last year so it’s certainly driver>car

16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  17. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Citroen ends WRC programme, cites Ogier's exit as reason
    Citroen Racing has confirmed it will depart the World Rally Championship with immediate effect, stating Sebastien Ogier’s decision to move to Toyota left it with no alternative.
    David Evans
    The French firm announced its decision on Wednesday, confirming mounting speculation of a withdrawal.

Ogier and teammate Esapekka Lappi had a year left to run on their contracts, but the Frenchman’s decision to walk after a difficult season aboard the C3 WRC left Citroen with no lead driver.

A statement from Citroen Racing said: “Citroen decided to withdraw from its WRC programme in 2020 due to the absence of a first-class driver available for 2020 season.”

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Citroën Racing@CitroenRacing

Following the decision of @SebOgier to leave Citroën Racing after 2019 World Rally Championship season, @Citroen decided to withdraw from its @OfficialWRC programme in 2020 due to the absence of a first-class driver availabe for 2020 season.

10:41 AM - Nov 20, 2019 · Versailles, France
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

451 people are talking about this

Ogier will be announced as a Toyota driver alongside Elfyn Evans and Kalle Rovanpera on Monday.

For Lappi, the future is less clear, as Citroen’s announcement seriously reduces the number of seats available in the WRC.

Esapekka Lappi Rally@EsapekkaLappi

I'm not going to lie, this is very bad news for me, for us and whole rally family. I feel sorry for the staff and the fans. But no can do.
    Work has started to find other seat for next years.
    Not much time but I have a good and strong team around me.

10:39 AM - Nov 20, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

125 people are talking about this

The Ford Fiesta WRC vacated by Evans is now the only frontline, full-time factory seat remaining in the world championship.

In confirming the decision, Citroen CEO Linda Jackson said: “Our decision to withdraw from WRC programme as early as end of 2019 follows on Sebastien Ogier’s choice to leave Citroen Racing.

“We obviously have not wished this situation but we could not imagine 2020 season without Sebastien. I would like to thank Citroen Racing team for their passion and commitment. A part of Citroen’s DNA is intimately linked with the rally and we are proud to be one the most titled brands in WRC history with 102 victories and eight manufacturer titles.”

Ogier and Toyota have made no comment on their plans for 2020.

WRC departures are nothing new for Citroen. The famous chevrons first appeared at the top level of the sport with the BX 4TC in 1986 – that car didn’t even last a season before Citroen quit.

More recently, the Versailles-based team left the series in 2005 and 2016, but those occasions were to develop a new car for a forthcoming campaign.

This time there will be no quick return for Citroen, as PSA Motorsport has already confirmed to Motorsport.com it will not be involved in the WRC’s 2022 move to hybrid, having already committed to Peugeot’s return to the World Endurance Championship and the Group’s premium brand DS's continuing programme in Formula E.

Citroen’s first World Rally Car arrived in the WRC in 2001, with a maiden manufacturers’ title coming two years later. The decade that followed was the most successful for any car-crew combination in the series’ history, with Sebastien Loeb taking nine straight drivers’ titles and Citroen winning eight championships in total.