DIY: F430 Stereo System Upgrade | Page 4 | FerrariChat

DIY: F430 Stereo System Upgrade

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, Apr 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 00 550

00 550 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    FL
    Full Name:
    That guy
  2. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Chris,

This is what I used on mine and it fits perfectly:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002BESIM/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dan

3. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    Has anyone found a popup touchscreen unit that works better that the ten year old clarion?

4. Fenz

Fenz Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    Team Europe
    I have a Pioneer AVH-Z7100DAB, I like it.

5. PAUROSO

PAUROSO Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Roland H Shaak
    Hearing loss is kind’a wild at 66 now and having backlines of Mesa Boogies and twin/super reverbs and deluxe reverbs a rehearsal room with a gnarly back line and for rehearsing with no band I ran CD and other sound sources through two bridged amps 3000 watts peak per side with JBL trapezoidal speakers from flying arrays 18-20” and horns. Did the tele/ twin or super reverb dance in late 60’s and now at times and toss in that I worked B52 bombers in the early 70’s quite noise intensive

I can hear great EXCEPT in the range of guitar and that covers a lot of frequencies from normal life - use attenuated ear plugs or frequency compensated aides made to pass all frequencies in audio range with boost and cut functions to ensure flat and or workable compensations

ps if over 50 have your left carotid arteries listened to, the doc is listening for a squeak or swish. Might keep you from stroking out
    My 2 cents

albkid likes this.
  6. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    How are you securing the head unit in the stock opening since aftermarket units down have the clips like the stock Becker. Is there a bracket?

7. Pritjh

Pritjh Rookie

Oct 24, 2016
    Has anyone changed the speaker wire from the head unit/amplifier to the door speakers or are you all using the stock wiring?

8. greene08

greene08 Rookie

Dec 22, 2010
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    MITCHIN
    I reused the factory wiring with a JBL 600/3 amp (factory HiFi wiring) and it works perfectly.

nchhotu likes this.
  9. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I used factory wiring also speakers amp and subwoofer no issues.