For Sale - 2016 McLAren 570s | Page 3 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2016 McLAren 570s

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by pingi3, Aug 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    I tried my best to get this for my wife but she still wants her Tesla X. And it's too late because she got her notification it will be here Nov 24.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4re308 and Jrdude5 like this.
  2. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    (off topic) but here is my $.02 opinion on my new Smart Twofour electric. I love it. plenty of torque. Easy to drive. And it's a convertible.

BOKE likes this.
  3. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    #53 pingi3, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Now back on track.... I did make an offer on this fun J-45 just now. Hopefully she will be on a Fedex truck to my house soon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Sweet. That was fast they accepted my offer.

pshep138 likes this.
  4. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    Let me know if you ever come my way. Jam session is always fun. I mean I like listening in on a jam session. I have only been playing guitar for 2 years. I started my collection of guitars 3 years ago.

Jrdude5 likes this.
  5. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    Any car / guitar lover will always be welcomed.

4re308 and Jrdude5 like this.
  6. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Epic thread. Hope the dealer was fair to you on the trade. As to the TwoFour, what is range like? I have a Kis Soul EV that I love, but currently sitting at dealer for nearly 60 days waiting for new battery . My attorney has sent a demand letter to Kia. I love the car but thought about giving the the TwoFour a try. At least it is Benz like service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    It says 60 miles but told city driving was closer to 70/80 miles. I hear that battery issues is why 80% of electric car customers are leases. No matter how much sale members state that the software updates will keep the cars relevant in the future with newer models, the physical matters such as drivetrain, brakes and battereis will be left in the dust. Electrical drivetrains will far advance the pace of mechanical drivetrains. Now supposedly Tesla replacement batteries are half the cost to replace than whewn they started which is obviously good news for all Tesla customers. These are only my thoughts.

I would suggest a test drive. I like the interior. Very quiet at highway speeds. Living in Atlanta, using highways is a must. I really like the pull from 0 to 30. I am able to pull away from stop light to stop light from regular traffic. I put a 100' extension cord in the back just in case no plug close by. I wonder if I can pull a tiny trailer with my Yamaha generator on it.

Hope you get the battery situation cleared with KIa.

carnutdallas and BOKE like this.
  8. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    beautiful car. love that rear wing subtle yet gives the car some character. wish I could swing it.

9. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    what do you like better? the mac or lambo? how do they compare ?

10. bagelboy

bagelboy Karting

Apr 18, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Henry D.
    +1 I was thinking the same thing. I've only ever had Ferrari's and Lambo's. Wondering how you feel the Mac compares? Does it have the passion and or emotion of the other?

11. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The McLaren 570S is to this point my favorite sports car drive of all time. I love Ferrari, haven't owned a McLaren yet but as Indy's are more able to service them, I'm certain there's one in my future. Hell of a drive.

12. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    You know it's really hard to say. Only have 200 miles on the Lambo. I do enjoy the 580 over the 610 for sure. Just knowing the backend can come loose at any moment makes it more visceral. Now I would say the McLaren is more comfortable (in the pocket feel) as to on top with the Huracan. Hate to say this but McLaren is more refined than the lambo.

I will put it this way, for a experienced driver, the McLaren is better for him/her. But for "careful" street drivers, the Huracan is more fun. And the backfire makes it so much more fun. I see BMW even made their Z4 M40i have backfires. I guess the latest rage.

WIfe was like hey the same info/air controls that was in her old Audi Allroad.... oh boy!

13. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    Jrdude5 likes this.
  14. bagelboy

bagelboy Karting

Apr 18, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Henry D.
    I love that! Thanks for the comparison. You've gotten me significantly intrigued. I will need to take my dealer up on his offer to test drive a new mac. Thanks again!

15. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I had a 2005 lambo Gallardo, interior felt like an audi…. my 2005 F430 Ferrari feels more Italian inside then my Gallardo... I am thinking of either adding a 570s spider or replacing the F430 with the McLaren... I do like the Huracan , but don't want to spend that much on something I don't get to use often..

o31982 likes this.
  16. ajyiii

ajyiii Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Y
    SO..... A. pingi3 hope you enjoy the green J-45. But if by the off chance you don't then please feel free to hit me up directly, I own The Chicago Music Exchange.
    B. LOVE seeing threads go off the rails and jump onto the guitar tracks!!! and C. If anyone on here ever needs anything feel free to message me. Always in for hooking up fellow car guys.

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Hey brother, I'll take you up on that one of these days!

Wow! What a small world!!!!

18. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    Hey... yes I got it today. UPS is not the most reliable shipper.

I got my Collings 12 string from you about 2 years ago. Great store you have.

If you ever come across a Gibson M-III in the orange, please save her for me. I have the red, blue and green. Just missing the orange.

Thanks again for all you do for guitar lovers.

19. ajyiii

ajyiii Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Y
    Yeah, I was informed of the UPS issues on your order. It's crazy how much we have to stay on them, considering the volume that we ship overall they are great. But when something goes wrong they REALLY get it wrong! In the last year they have headstocked a couple REALLY expensive vintage pieces that we bought. As for your other request, I can guarantee you that my guys will have your orange Gibson M-III shortly.....

20. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    That's epic. It's what I wanted to do for my 50th. I don't have 1/100th of your collection, but enough equipment to pull off a small concert for sure.

LOVE IT!!!

21. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Rookie

Jul 27, 2017
    Wow beautiful car and guitar collection, don't know how to play yet but looking forward to learning thanks for the inspiration also a very big fan of McLaren.

JoeCab likes this.
  22. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    $100,000* PRS guitar could be yours

Cherry sunburst, custom wide/thin 24 fret. Believe I purchased it in 1996-98. I’d have to find the receipt.

It’s signed by my former neighbor, Derek St Holmes (wearing black hat)

*includes a 1988.5 TR owned ~25 years. “Hey honey, I didn’t buy another car. It came with that new guitar I bought.”

Offer expires February 14, 2019 just like any good sweetheart deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Cars_n_Guitars

Mar 28, 2021
    Boston
    Full Name:
    George
    I know this isn’t he place but wanted to chime in as I have an overdrive special. I got it in 1984. I used to go to a place in LA (Studio city) called the Baked potato and got turned on to it by Robben Ford. I have a number of guitars/amps from when I was in my teens-20’s my best are 59 LP, Travis Bean Wedge, 83 Zemaitis custom,89 Strat plus deluxe (my favorite strat). I suffered from GAS. I sold one guitar when I was 20 and felt like I was amputated never sold another. I sold my big amps.