Sport exhaust for 308GTB carb model, experiences, suggestions? | FerrariChat

Sport exhaust for 308GTB carb model, experiences, suggestions?

Discussion in '308/328' started by MaranelloGV, Dec 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaranelloGV

MaranelloGV Karting

May 19, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy V
    The exhaust on my car needs to be changed and I want somthing a bit more sporty than the standard one. I certainly don't want a screaming/noisy exhaust.
    Anybody who has experience can recommend something? I'm based in Belgium, so I'm looking in Europe.
    I think that a Quicksilver might be a good solution?
    Thanks!
    Guy

2. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Tubi is a the best in my thinking

3. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    I have two US 85 QV GTS. One with new Tubi and the other with original exhaust. Surprisingly the Tubi is not any louder. It has a higher pitch at higher RPM. The original has a lower rumble sound to it. I like both since they're like different cars with different sounds. The nero has the Tubi in it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Mine is with a Tubi, an a test pipe to

Jamie traina and Martin308GTB like this.
  5. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I have had excellent experience with: https://www.pdgough.com/

This is the company that makes Nouvalari (no relation:) ) exhausts and their quality and service is outstanding. They offer a race and a sport exhaust. The race is far too loud so go with the sport option. Also their pricing is excellent and the fit is perfect.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ANSA #2020 would be sport option on a NON CAT car...

7. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I have a Nouvalari on my QV.

Thomas Magnum and Jamie traina like this.
  8. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    My UK Vetroresina has a very nice stainless twin outlet/four tip setup made in the UK by Bell Engineering. It sounds sporty but not overbearing and looks very, very nice. It’s getting swapped for a OEM single-tip though.

9. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    I'm pretty happy with my Mille Miglia. It sounds sporty but not annoying, a nice combination for me. The louder exhausts tend to wear on me after I've been driving for a while. This one has a rather nice tone to it.

The one downside to it was that I had to have a little bit of customization done to fit it through the metal mesh piece that is standard on the '77. I think some of the exhaust manufacturers figure you will just have the exposed exhaust and I didn't want that look. I like the car to be as close to original as possible.

10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    I would recommend our sports cats or catbypass pipes for a medium sound improvement without being too loud and not have to replace the entire exhaust and spend a lot. We could also recore the stock cats for additional power and sound and keep everything looking stock!

11. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    I’m not seeing any 308 exhaust on your web site...how do those things you mention help a guy looking for a sport exhaust for his 308?

12. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    If your car is a dry sump euro model and you are not going back to single tip, the Mille Miglia sounds very nice and should fit without mods. Emilio makes the best single tip reproduction and it has some options for sound.

13. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    We offer sport cats AND cat bypass which will drastically help the sound of the exhaust!

14. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    I have the nouvalari on my 83 Euro and it is very well made. I elected the sport and a few years on now I wish I had went for the race version. I have started to drive the car this year more than in years past, which still isn’t that much, but the additional sound would be more satisfying on morning blasts. The Tubi sounds great in the above vid. Fabspeed also makes great kit. I purchased their full exhaust package for my base 991 and even the Porsche techs get a kick when I service the car.

15. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I had one built in stainless painted black from Timevalve exhaust in florida. He has all the original ANSA jigs. Iirc he made all of Strictlyferraris exhausts. Im not sure if I should post price but it was around half the price of anything else.

16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    actually less than half the price two or three years ago

17. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Anyone know how much the Tubi costs? I tried reaching out an received no response. The website doesn’t pear to have one for an 83 euro. Thanks

18. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Novalari!

I have the SS model!

19. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    If that might help...
    I have a very recent quote for my '89 328 GTB (this Monday, Jan 21st, 2019...) which is sitting in its garage with what is probably a cracked "manifold" (I think it's actually "extractor manifold" in british English, when you see all the individual pipes) and should have it replaced.
    Rather than having one brand new and the other 30 years old, I said to myself, let's change both, so as to have the same "vintage" (in fact, both brand new ones) on both banks.
    Then I said again to myself: let's be nice with the old girl who would turn 30 this year and ask a quote for the entire "Tubi" exhaust line (manifolds, intermediary pipes, and exhaust box ).
    Cost is 6.250 euros in Europe, all taxes included, for the whole lot (their references: 01028712070, pair of manifolds / 01028712540, "Tronchetti" - intermediary pipes / 01028712000, exhaust box, standard (NOT the "race" one).
    Exhaust box alone is about 2.650 euros here. Two variants: one "standard", one "race" which is louder.

https://www.suprcars.fr/autres-modeles/11330-echappement-tubi-style-ferrari-328-nk-308-4v-nk-mondial-3000-nk-silencieux.html

The exhaust line for the 308QV is the same one than the one for the 328.

Rgds

20. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Thanks. That is exactly what I needed!

21. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The original Ansa gave out on my '77 GTB so I went to the Tubi and thought it was fantastic!

22. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I have not heard any exhaust better than the ANSA sport for my car (78). Is this available or something similar?