Cool Biplane Adventure Story | FerrariChat

Cool Biplane Adventure Story

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by BOKE, Jan 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  2. SamuliS

SamuliS Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2008
    Finland, Helsinki
    Full Name:
    Samuli S
    Lovely story, made me want to buy old biplane.

3. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  4. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    In 1946 I flew an exact example of this airplane after it had been taken out of WW2 storage . It was a terrible airplane compared to the others that we could fly then. I thought that it was cumbersome and ruled by the heavy top wing that seemed to always cause the airplane to rock and turn. As amateur of fact, a guy eventually ground looped it and damaged the lower wing that vomited wood that resembled dried soda crackers. We never saw the airplane again. I enjoyed Sam's show and happy that he made such a great cross country in it but it isn't one of my favorite airplanes.

5. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Sam is a longtime friend of mine and a fellow antique motion picture camera collector and historian. I would venture to say that the acquisition price of the Bird was a bargain as most of Sam's acquisitions are. Sam drove a 1960 Ford Falcon until he and Helen headed to England for their narrowboat adventure.

Check out his other channels on YouTube, he is a rather interesting character that I collected decades ago.

I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Cheers,
    Marc