Mase Flash - ECU upgrades for 360/F430 - 2019 Group Buy | FerrariChat

Mase Flash - ECU upgrades for 360/F430 - 2019 Group Buy

Discussion in '360/430' started by MaseEngineering, Jan 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Hello all,

I’ve decided to do another group buy for the 360 and F430 owners for our ECU Flashes. We did this at the end of 2017 with great success and feedback. It is time to do it again. If you haven’t done so, do it, you won’t regret it! Below are the details from previous threads:

ECU Flashing

Each Ferrari model will have a certain hardware and software type. There are usually a handful of different software calibrations for each model. What model year, country/region of the globe will usually differ. We have seen almost every type of software type across both the 360 and F430. So, with every car we start with the factory calibration type and modify it from there.

Besides the obvious increase of power, we optimize many different tables, one big one to note; the throttle maps to make the car more responsive. Clients’ feedback also tends to usually note how much smoother the engine and power delivery are. For those who track their car, many report better fuel consumption figures as well. We customize the flash to your certain specs/fuel.

Ferrari Models we have experience with: 360, F430, 458, 488, 599, FF, F12

Below are actual dyno charts of before and after an ECU flash done in house on our dyno:

360:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

F430:

Who we are and why you should choose us

Simply put: Experience. We have extensive knowledge not only with the Ferrari models, but across the spectrum of sports cars. We have been calibrating engines for 16 years. We do all programming in-house, and all is developed on our all wheel drive Dyno Dynamics chassis dynamometer. We have thousands of clients running our flashes/tunes in street and race cars across the globe.

Motorsports also are a big part of my business. We work with many race teams across IMSA and Pirelli World challenge road racing series. I have been an engineer working amongst the pro ranks since 2010. I am also involved with SCCA, NASA, PCA and other club racing series. In a sport where reliability is crucial, as well as finding the last tenth of a second of potential can make or break your race weekend. I am also a Ferrari owner (F430) so I have a soft spot for the brand being an owner and enthusiast.

How it works

Since most of our Ferrari Clientele does not live near us, it requires the ECU(s) to be shipped to our facility. When you place the order for the ECU Flash on our website (www.Maseflash.com), you will be emailed back with an instruction guide on how to uninstall/install the ECUs, as well as quick sheet to fill out (specs of your specific car) to include back to us when you package up the ECUs . From there when we receive the shipment, we will customize the tune to your requirements, flash them and return them back to you promptly.

We often have clients who ship or drive their cars to our facility in Florida who want a more custom tune on our chassis dyno as another option.

Pricing

We are offering another Group Buy / Sale on all of our ECU Flashes for the Ferrari models. We are extending a 10% discount on any ECU Flash.

The 360 ECU flash normally is $995, discounted to $895.50.

The F430 ECU Flash normally is $1495.00 discounted to $1345.50.

https://maseflash.com/discount/ferrari is the direct link that will automatically add the discount.

You can also email us for further help with the purchase.

FAQ

How much will the flash increase the performance of my vehicle?

Results will vary. We are very realistic when it comes to publishing actual gains. Every dyno reads differently.

Why does the cost vary based on Ferrari model?

With the exception of the 488, most late model Ferraris have two ECUs. The ECU type varies based on what model. Some ECUs are easier to work with than others.

Will this harm my engine or reduce the engine reliability?

No, we simply don’t put the engine in harm’s way. Like many manufactures, the 360 and F430 engines are very conservatively tuned from the factory. We don’t release anything that has not been tested extensively.

Can you disable that annoying check engine light?

Many people have been discussing disabling the check engine light in many threads. Due to government/EPA restrictions I can only disable CELs/DTCs for off road purpose only. Being a public forum, I would not like to get involved more in depth due to obvious reasons. For more specific help regarding troubleshooting a check engine light, please email us or send us a private message.

I’d like to Flash my ECUs, but my car is already stored for the winter, can I still get in on the discount?

Yes, the sale will go on until midnight on Feb 28th. You can purchase the flash on our website and can ship us the ECU(s) at a later date at your convenience.

Can you flash other types of cars?

Absolutely, we tune many different makes and models. Please contact us directly for further information.

We look forward to working with many of you, and as always, please let us know if anyone has any further questions. We will update this thread periodically as more questions arise.

Regards,

Steve

www.MaseEngineering.com www.MaseFlash.com

2. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I have Mase Engineering ECU Software on my 2006 F430 Spider. Had it done by Steve last year.

All I can say is I am 1,000% happy.

I have a post here somewhere about my experience with it.

Thanks for doing a great job Steve. I like my car now even more after the ECU update.

Dan

MaseEngineering likes this.
  3. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Hi Steve I've been considering your F430 tune for some time now. Just a query, what do you make of the always seen steepness (not leveling out at all) at 8500rpm of the power curve? Looks like it would go on considerably with extra revs like the same revised engine in the 458?

4. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    The engine surely would make more power by rev'ing it higher. Its actually something no one has really asked for, so we have not really pushed it. The gains are so substantial keeping the RPM limiter stock, I think a lot of clients have been happy keeping it there. Its hard to say how high in RPMs the engine would continue to make power. Maybe this gives me a reason to put my F430 back on the dyno and have a look.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    F430 owner: I don't see it mentioned so I am assuming these results are with stock exhaust.?

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Agreed, I've briefly tested up to 9,250 rpm on 360 with suitable intake mods like larger afms and also low back pressure exhaust. It absolutely does make more power but 360 has lightweight Titanium Conrods, the base F430 doesn't, only the Scud has Ti rods.

That high up the rev band it really does start to scream! A lot of maps need rescaling if you go this route as most stock maps aren't mapped so high so expect some work :)

I wouldn't want to push it too high, even the highly modded 360 N-GT from Michelotto it was only mapped to 9,000 rpm to retain decent engine longevity.

..On stock intake, exhaust and cats power has already tailed off much earlier due to intake/exhaust limits so little point unless appropriate restrictions are resolved. The next limit becomes the cast aluminum intake...

winterin8 likes this.
  7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I think a 9,000 RPM redline would be awesome. The engine would scream.

But I have not seen any data on how an additional 500RPM will affect the usable life of the engine.

8. Robby Johnson

Robby Johnson Rookie

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Robby Johnson
    someone mentioned the ECU can turn the led light into DRL. Is that correct, and can that be done with this tune?

9. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    I've ad good success working with this vendor and recommend him / them.
    Those of you in california, ask questions and do your due diligence.

Cheers

Craig

MaseEngineering likes this.
  10. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    That is correct. Although we’ve done many with aftermarket exhaust as well, but you don’t have to have an aftermarket exhaust to get the huge gains

11. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    The engine ECUs do not handle the lighting system

12. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    If a readiness is needed for emissions, would this solve for that?

13. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Re: DRLs, On a 360, there’s a wiring harness in the front trunk that you can jumper which will activate DRLs . Or you can buy a plug for like $80. that does the same thing.

psych0hans likes this.
  14. Sled Driver

Sled Driver Formula Junior

May 13, 2010
    Stokesdale, NC
    Full Name:
    Emery
    #14 Sled Driver, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    I was at Steve's shop yesterday for a dyno tune.

I have a 99 360 (no pre cats) with Tubi stage 2 (360 challenge series exhaust that the Stradale exhaust is based on, but has no valves) no other mods

He did multiple runs to get an actual base line reading to eliminate any temperature influence. Sampling different throttle setting to "see" what 1/4 to 1/2 throttle position was reading & acceleration points from there. Using a sensor in the tail pipe he had the AF numbers data logged.

We pulled the ECU's & he did his magic.............

Back on the Dyno, he again did multiple runs again to get a stable average.

The results...........

Numbers don't tell the complete story. There is a noticeable improvement in throttle response, with instantaneous surge in power.

I'M very pleased with Steve's service & expertise. Back in the day, when you purchased the 360 "Racing exhaust" from Ferrari it came with a set of ECU's
    to take advantage of the less restrictive exhaust.

A lot of people have replaced their exhaust systems without taking advantage of the true power gain. Most seam more fixated on the "sound" then true performance increase.

It's louder............ so it MUST be faster.

15. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Thanks for making the trip down Emery. Glad you're enjoying it! Great to meet you and thanks for sharing.

16. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Steve, can you PM regarding my question?

17. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    I missed out on the sale back in 17 but I'll be on it this time. I've got a poker run that I'll be in next weekend so it may be after that but I've got a few questions. Basically, I am looking for a modified CS tune (CS exhaust, MAF, throttle response, etc.).

I've been following Trev360's progress on his ECU programming project and I am curious as to what maps are modified.
    What is the turn around time once you have the ECU's?
    If I choose to send in my ECU's for you to work your magic, can I at some point in the near future, drive down to your shop for a custom dyno tune to tweak it or would it the gains be insignificant to not worry about it.

18. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    PM Sent!

19. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    There are quite a few number of maps changes, as also depends on what ecu/model/ what the task at hand. For the CS tune, there is maf transfer function that is the biggest change needed in order to get the engine correctly running with the MAF changes. From there there are a lot of tables we optimize, anywhere from fueling/ignition/airflow/torque request/limiters/throttle tables, etc etc.

and yes absolutely you're always welcome to make the trip down to my facility, its always a good idea to have everything checked on the dyno and make sure everything is working properly. I have had a couple 360s that the intake manifold flaps were not operating correctly, and the owners wouldn't have known without the dyno testing.

Ghostdiver and tifosi101 like this.
  20. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    Very interesting ! What is the main reason : solenoid valve ? Pipe ? Vacuum tank ?

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3S en utilisant Tapatalk

21. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    We've seen solenoids bad, vacuum lines routed wrong, and vacuum tank lines missing.

22. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    #22 tifosi101, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Thank you very much for your feedback MaseEngineering.
    I will check it because I got poor results on the Dyno.
    Many 360 owners should do the same between vacuum tank and both pneumatic actuators of the air intake manifold or they should leave you their car because you know well the problem.

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3S en utilisant Tapatalk

23. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Send me a PM, if you have a copy of the dyno chart, I'm happy to help any way I can.

whatheheck and tifosi101 like this.
  24. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    What about f1 shifting improvement - do you offer this also?

25. Alan NZ

Alan NZ Rookie

Sep 10, 2017
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Alan
    My F430 has Fabspeed headers and a Kline Innovation exhaust and I would like to know what sort of power and torque increase it will get with the ECU upgrade.

In New Zealand we can get 98 RON octane fuel, which I believe is equivalent to 93 PUMP, but this isn't available in all regions. Does the tune allow for using 95 RON (91 PUMP) on occasion, by backing off the ignition timing via the knock sensor, or would it be safer to get a tune for the lower octane?
    What power and torque difference would there be between the two fuels?