360 Challenge Stradale Barrett Jackson Saturday | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Challenge Stradale Barrett Jackson Saturday

Discussion in '360/430' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jan 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red5nic

red5nic Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 15, 2016
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Well I was still in at $147. Outbid in the end but I love Blue Le Mans and am sad that I just missed. I'm surprised there isn't better info on the accident/repairs but assuming the repairs were good, I would have loved to have won the car...

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    all this talk of the accident someone should write to BJ and ask whats up

3. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    It was/is still a cool car. ~ $165,000 all in was probably market correct. But then this...

I called that one early on in this thread didn't I.

Lord.

4. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    And a 2016 PORSCHE 911 R - 2400 miles $250K @ RM Auctions

5. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Wow. Feel bad for the guys that were paying 750+ for those not too long ago.

They MSRP'd around $180k I think?

Porsche market has taken a huge hit in the last year....but it had a pretty crazy run up.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    BJ failed to state known accident damage on a Defender 110 they sold in their listing. https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1993-LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-110-225259

A previous owner had it for sale in 2013 and stated the damage here: https://www.defendersource.com/forum/f8/1993-nas-d110-367-500-a-48678.html

Later on he even says the VIN matches #367, but it wears the #366 plaque: https://www.defendersource.com/forum/f8/1993-nas-d110-367-500-a-48678-2.html#post478021

I saw this for sale at Land Rover Colorado Springs last summer for $69,489. It was on consignment and the owner at the time failed to tell the dealer. Once I inquired they removed the car due to its past.

Seems like Barrett Jackson didn't care. Sold for $90k...what a ripoff. Hope the new owner refuses delivery if they find out about it...

7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    that sux. BJ could care less about the cars its the almighty$$$$ But man someone should get on them. another thing I notice is that there are no videos on auctions, Carfax, receipts of service, and most the time there is no mileage in the ad no matter what type of car. BAT does way better

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    It was no reserve and all sales at Barrett jackson are.... as is where is no requirements to disclose anything seller just cant lie they can leave out info....at auction it is buyers be wear the car looked nice enough in person and BJ put all disclosure requirements on consignor

9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    That's crazy stuff , ive never bought at auction and possibly never will. thx for the info

10. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
  11. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    he'll be standing on the hood like the other spoiled kid thread

12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  13. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    #38 360trev, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Spoke to guy, I think he will join

FORZA 62 likes this.
  14. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    #39 Nachtfalter, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Your comment on insta was removed. It was at a dealership for 230K and we stole it for 160K.... he didn't think that maybe there was a problem? Really sucks for the guy. Banks are closed today for MLK and hopefully the transaction did not go through yet.
    Too bad, its such a pretty color!
    Surely there must be some photos from the accident, who knows, maybe it isn't that bad.

Bas and absostone like this.
  15. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    hes probably in shock and on the phone to BJ

16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I agree.

17. Michael Lane

Michael Lane Rookie

Jan 21, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Atxtennis
    Guys, you are a bit off here. Yes, the car had repairs done in 2006 and I have seen the receipts. Like all Ferrari repairs, it wasn’t cheap, but done right. The car was owned and driven by the original owner for another 4 years and then sold. The recent carfax records for the car have an error that makes it look like it was sold more than it was due to transfer by one owner that shows as twice titled the last couple of years. CNC has sold the car a couple times after being traded back in for other cars. There are five CS’s for sale right now in the US that I could find of which two have accident reports. One in austin asking 215k. The cheapest for sale is 180k with over 22k miles. I’d say the fair market value for this car is over 200k and the auction value was actually below expectation. The car has a clean title and was not even close to being a salvage or repair title car. Repairs were done well and a small fraction of the value. Hope this helps set the record straight.

tifosi101, Need4Spd and 360trev like this.
  18. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  19. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Yes Instagram.

20. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    ok cool. been doing searches but I don't even know what the hell a Instagram is. But I do feel bad for the kid. hope his family raises hell. if not ill take it for 120! just kidding I had a few

21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    you know about this car as a dealer or previous owner?

22. Michael Lane

Michael Lane Rookie

Jan 21, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Atxtennis
    It is information received from the dealer and from research.

23. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    ok. but I think the whole thing is about it not being disclosed by the auction. So another member posted that BJ assumes no responsibility. And that is just terrible,
    that's eye opening to me , and I never bought a car at auction before. and may never

24. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Check the other thread on 360 results at B-J. Disclose is but one of a few concerns with buying at Auction.

Fwiw - dealers don't always disclose prior accident history on cars, nor do I believe they are under any legal (or ethical) obligation to do so in the vast majority of cases.

[Think about it...while I get that on "some" cars like a Ferrari an accident history can significantly impact value, for the vast majority of cars it doesn't - provided the car was repaired with proper parts and a good quality of repairs. And where do you draw the line? Resprayed lower front bumper for a few rock chips? Must be disclosed? Dented panel repaired and painted? Engine grenaded and repaired or replaced? Cam chain/belt comes off and reeks havoc? Only exterior damage? How much damage? Only Frame damage? Or major component damage and repair (engine, transmission)? And on and on.]

Ferrari's and other cars that were damaged and repaired are sold all the time with clean carfax and no mention of prior damage/repair. So, I don't see much difference when considering Auction vs. Dealer in that regard. Caveat Emptor applies equally.

360trev likes this.
  25. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Presuming you are the new owner? (If so, please confirm and "welcome"! There is a bunch of great CS data here and you already met Trev who is insanely valuable. If not, well, then, I guess disregard the following!).

First, congrats, CS is an amazing machine.

Second, I'm with you, if you goal is have a CS to enjoy and drive, then you got a nice one for doing that (presuming the repairs were done to a high professional standard).

Third, the CS market is difficult to decipher...there simply aren't many transactions. I will say from my experience in that market, that a car with some damage/repair history is not going to transact "transparently" for over $200k as you suggest. Data point one in that regard is your car! While one could quibble that $165k is too low or too high by a bit, $200k is a long ways away. A knowledgeable CS buyer isn't going to pay that for a transparent transaction (which, to your favor, you concluded similarly and didn't pay that much.). All my opinion of course. One thing that isn't opinion about the CS market, is that the asking prices are not much indication of value for a real transaction. Its because of the low volume and some seller interpretation of their car's value based on 2015 timeframe market peak sales for collection quality cars.

Lastly, there are many of us here that have heard about the history of your new CS. I bet there is a wide variety of understandings of the actual damage and repairs in its history. Please consider educating us and the market by providing the information about the car's history here (and to Mike Law who runs the CS website). It can only help your value capture since you bought it eyes wide open about said history and got it for a price you consider well below market value.

360trev likes this.