Sold - 458 Challenge Evo | FerrariChat

Sold 458 Challenge Evo

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by RedRacer, Jan 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    For sale is my 2011 458 Challenge Car. $110,000. Raced and kept in excellent shape. Car is located in Beverly Hills.

2. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    4re308 likes this.
  3. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Is it at all possible / reasonable to bring this car to street-legal spec, or is it strictly track only ?

4. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Good question. I have no idea but would imagine it would need adjusting to meet smog requirements, titling, etc.

5. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    #5 finnerty, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    I'm quite interested in the car ---- if I could use it on the street.

I'll place a call to my local Dealership, as they also run cars in the Challenge Series, to see whether or not it is possible.
    It may be as simple as re-programming the ECU (for emissions) and putting a stock exhaust system back on ?

I'm guessing the bumpers are okay (stock structurally as the road going version underneath the EVO bodywork), and that the doors do have impact beams in them ?

Does the car have door windows (glass or plexi) ? ---- can't tell as all your photos show them either down or perhaps absent ?

Also, does it have a fuel cell installed, or is it using the OE tank & venting set up ?

6. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Car is being sold through Ferrari Beverly Hills. Sales Manager Amir Sadrieh is handling the sale and can arrange viewing. Car during its race history was with Scuderia Corsa, affiliated with Ferrari Beverly Hills. Car was serviced by Ferrari Beverly Hills Service. Car has fully working stellar camera system and has radio system to communicate with coaches etc. Feel free to review service/track repair records. Frame and tub is solid. Car drives well. Wrap was through Skinz Wraps. Service should have details on original color (never seen my car naked). Amir Sadrieh, Ferrari Beverly Hiils: (310) 275-4400.

7. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
  8. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    The US 458 Challenge cars are without windows. Yes, we raced in the rain with no windows as well. I think the Euro plexi windows can be added. Doors are very light weight. These cars stick like glue to the track. I believe they have beams running within the doors. Definitely set a time with Amir at Ferrari Beverly Hills to see the car. (310) 275-4400

9. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Caphill likes this.
  10. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    They last challenge car to get a street title was the 1995 355 challenge. All others cannot be legally registered for the road and are for track use only.

FLORIDAsnakeEyes and ewright like this.
  11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Aside from the legal title issues the post above cites, it has a roll bar.

That will get you tagged in any State I know of, in street use.
    Mainly because without a helmet, it would kill you to hit it....

The other tech block is the ride height, you would be scattering it out, down public roads.

FLORIDAsnakeEyes likes this.
  12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have dreamed of a street car and an identical Challenge car side my side in the garage.

If you owned BOTH you could always claim Brain Fade on your way to the grocery, with roll bars and slicks.

Yassa likes this.
  13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Debating if I have the stomach for trailer and support crew. I have zero intel on the latter.

14. warock3

warock3 Rookie

Dec 27, 2011
    newnan, ga
    Full Name:
    william roquemore
    May I ask what color the car is under the wrap?

15. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Thank you all for questions. I just responded to three PM questions. Let me set forth some more information here:

The car has been raced, which means that stress has been put on the car. With that said, the good thing is that race cars are safety checked and maintained in top shape. I have spent over $100,000 on maintaining the car. Service records should be in hand this Monday for serious buyers. Known contact with other cars:
    1.First owner, a great driver, eagerly and accidentally tapped the pace car with his front bumper resulting in repairs to same.
    2. At Montreblant rear of car touched the guard rail at low speed, minor repairs, and rear bumper ultimately was replaced.
    3. I was hit at Daytona a few years ago on the back right of the car necessitating replacing the rear quarter panel and related parts.
    4. At Montreal two incidents with minor cosmetic damage to drivers door area, later repaired by Ferrari Beverly Hills body shop.
    5. Laguna Seca minor damage to front bumper and radiator, which was replaced.

Car drives well, has new gearbox (over $18,000) and has the upgraded seat, and an expensive camera system. Please schedule a time to see the car at Ferrari Beverly Hills. Contact Amir Sadrieh: (310) 275-4400

16. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    I have received some interest and to move the car I am lowering it to $100,000. Let me know.

17. Michael_s

Michael_s Rookie

Oct 20, 2013
    NNJ
    Could this car be a DE/weekend track toy (no registration is ok)? Looking for a track weapon. Would this be total overkill? Thx.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

18. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    How many miles or hours are on the engine? Has it been rebuilt yet? Just trying to understand remaining life on engine before a rebuild as this is a critical component of the valuation of any challenge car.

Yassa likes this.
  19. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    This CANNOT be used on the street - track toy yes but be prepared for the costs involved - slicks are not street tires and usually wear in a day or two of racing - along with brake pads - a good weekend will run about 9-10k in costs easily

Yassa likes this.
  20. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Sale is pending. If sale falls through I will respond to PMs. Thanks everyone for your interest.

21. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
  22. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Well done, beautiful car ...