430 Scuderia being converted to manual transmission, video series on YouTube | Page 4 | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia being converted to manual transmission, video series on YouTube

Discussion in '360/430' started by f355spider, Nov 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    They just killed the Value of this Scuderia

Dave rocks likes this.
  2. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    i understand the Transmission wasn't replace, it's all about how fast you can shift the gears by electronic and Ferrari did a great job at that F1 Super Fast or Rods linkage by doing this change makes the Ferrari engineering laughing at that set up is very old school what is the point of doing this anyways just ruin the value of that Scuderia will see how the auction goes.

Dave rocks likes this.
  3. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    Not being rude it just not right , just leave the Scuderia stock the way it Ferrari did a great job on the F1 Super Fast shifter just ruin the value of the Scuderia, anyone that knows how to use some wrenchs can do it , convert a bunch of parts over so what , all the convert parts are used are listed on this thread.

4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    You don't consider yourself rude with shocking quotes like this?
    Quote, "... and then see a bunch of butchers that don,t know what they hell there doing and ruin...".

I'd hate to see you when your actually being rude!

...Its one thing to be a conscientious objector, its entirely another to use inappropriate behavior, continuously trashing a thread just because you don't agree with a posted project. You've made your point, now move on.

I expect better behavior from gentlemen in our enthusiasts club. I have been pm'd by several people who have also commented about this) regarding trashing of someone else's hard work and project, again because of opinion. Handbags at dawn, dear me boys...

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    You also seriously under estimate the level of effort and commitment beyond the mechanical parts.

You have advanced level understanding of C167 Assembly language and reverse engineering? Your going to need it if you actually want it to work... You know how to re-code various ecu's for the different configurations and reflash them all? Didn't think so, please don't mouth off about a subject you know even less about than you even imagined.

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Opinion opinion opinion. Time will tell.

Move along please...

Jakuzzi likes this.
  7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Dave, it was. It was mentioned in their introductory video that they planned to auction the final result to see what the market though of their project.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Yes they want to raise funds to recover costs to do a 458 next..

... It may actually convince me to get one and for that project I may use a Speciale... Oh the horror !

9. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Got it. I couldn't stomach to watch more than a minute or two of the videos.

Please understand, this is a rather controversial project and given that fact, you will get a lot of varying opinions. It's a discussion forum and you need to take the criticism along with the praise. However, both should be respectful. :)

And, doing a 458 is a totally different game given the DCT. That will send people into orbit (me) and frankly, I doubt they can pull it off ;)

10. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Making the modern variants into proper sports cars! I’m all for it.

360trev likes this.
  11. Automoblog

Automoblog Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Gino
    The Scud is the last car I could really see "working" as a manual since the F430 was offered in a manual... I can't imagine a 458 with a stick; That would be a very interesting machine.

12. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    Boy this thread went off the rails in a hurry. I personally don't think it should have people up in arms. All he really did was change one shifting mechanism for another. I also don't think he would have it running without Trev or someone with his ability. Saying he ruined the car is bit far fetched. It could be returned to oem by swapping back some parts and some software. I'm pretty sure if the factory offered it there would be a bunch of them out there. Is it faster? probably not. Is it more fun to drive ? If you like gated a Ferrari then hell yes. In the end it's his car and if that's what he wants then so be it. Opinions are like as**ho***s everyone has one but it doesn't make one better than the other. My 2 cents.

13. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    similar thing happened to me on the m3 forums....... the fangs came out when I decided to swap out the tired bimmer st 6 for an lsx motor.......

too bad it's up for auction...I would have loved to see this in person!

14. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    one4torque likes this.
  15. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Good luck with your sale at BJ Art, hell of a project, love it, Kudos.... DO MORE!!

PS, post up what the winning bid was when its over :)

16. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    the Drama in the videos was a bit much but the end result seems to have worked out. I respect taking it on. Im sure it will do fine at auction. Anyone that doesn’t enjoy a bit of hotrodding needs to relax and enjoy life more.

one4torque likes this.
  17. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    I would love to have a manual Scuderia!

Keep up the good work!

one4torque likes this.
  18. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Imagine the horror if someone converted an iconic vintage Ferrari to f1 auto -/:;

Keep it in perspective folks.

19. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    I know more then you think so 30 years working and Diagnostic on Ferrari's I own my own factory Scan tool, and i can do all kinds of reflash and reprogramming with it more then you could ever perform, i don,t mouth off i speak the truth ,

20. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    Ferrari Scan Tools don't let you do much. Even the Ferrari dealership Cant program a Bosch 8.0 ESP/ABS.

21. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    As an owner of an SD2, yes, they tell you a tremendous amount of information. That said, SD2's are not for 430's - that's SD3

22. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    The SD3 Can not change Coding in a Bosch ABS ESP.

23. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Quote,"I can do all kinds of reflash and reprogramming with it more then you could ever perform, i don,t mouth off i speak the truth "..

I had a good laugh at this!

You may be speaking the truth about the length of time working in the field but clearly you are totally and utterly out of your depth when it comes to this thread. You clearly know absolutely nothing about the finer points about the inner workings of ecu's and modify its internal programming. This isn't a surprising as I actually wouldn't expect you to either but to then go on and spout utter garbage like above is just digging you into a deeper and deeper hole. Pipe done. You don't know what your talking about...

What is needed for this project is very specific firmware level calibration and code patches to the machine code and maps. I'll re-iterate, if you don't know your JTAG from you opcodes and reverse engineering tools absolutely no amount of sounding off like this will help you. Ever.

No amount of factory or aftermarket diagnostic units will help. They simply cannot, will not and doubtful ever will be able to perform advanced level calibration required to convert existing firmware designed say for an F1 to work on a Non F1. The Scuderia never had an equivalent firmware or part number for H-gate and you cannot just re-flash non Scuderia firmware and expect it to work, it won't.

With all the changes done specifically for the Scuderia the firmware is quite different (its even a different revision of the Monotronic software and runs newer ABS 8.0 unlike the base models) so absolutely yes you have to re-calibrate and re-code ecu's. And no, dumb scan tools (even dumb Factory) scan tools will cut the mustard, even if they where ever upgraded sufficiently to perform basic re-flashing. Hell, they cannot even re-calculate the checksums. All Scan tools are just that, they provide basic garage diagnostics and some like ODIS for VAG cars provide dealer level re-flash capabilities. This is absolutely not what's needed here. Basic tools like Leonardo and the factory diag unit are designed for garage mechanics to use, nothing more.

24. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Yes for garages they are useful but they just scratch the surface and don't let you perform any recalibration or even see a tiny fraction of what's going on under the hood. For example even on the older 1999 Ferrari 360 Bosch ME7.3 Ignition ecu's there are over 6,000 variables that I can choose to log and do realtime telemetry on at upto 500 samples per second. The scan tools (even officially) look pretty lame by comparison but good enough for basic diagnostics required by most shops....

///Art likes this.
  25. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    The purpose of factory SD tools is diagnostics and associate calibrations and setups. It was never designed nor intended as a tool to modify ECU's. Just like a SCUD was never intended to be gated :)

Flea7 and f355spider like this.