Aussie project 400i for sale | FerrariChat

Aussie project 400i for sale

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rusty69911, Dec 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rusty69911

rusty69911 Karting

Nov 11, 2016
    Albany Australia
    Full Name:
    Russ Freer
    Hi all,
    as avid followers you prob remember my cheap auction buy a couple of years ago,
    as is always the story ,lack of time and funds mean I have not done anything other than collect a few parts,
    this is an ex cheaters burnout car and has been setup for a small block chev, auto tran
    s has been rebuilt and has deep alloy pan, and from what I was told a reverse shift pattern valve body, torque converter is missing and no chev motor installed, comes with complete original v12 that has had the typical dropped valve, the piston is holed and I cant quite see if bore is damaged on the bore-scope, motor is completes with all injection and accessories, original engine mounts on the chassis have been cut off but I have the plates cut to remake as per factory, interior is original with no tears, for a driver you could just clean and re-colour, carpets are shot, main mats anyway, dash has a bit of shrinkage but could be fixed without recover, console wood has been cut for B&M shifter, has GAZ coilovers in the rear, diff centre cond unknown,
    this will never be a concourse car, its a project for somebody who can do the work themselves,
    just tidy up and drop in a chev or a holden 5l and drive, rebuild the v12 at your leisure,
    ex UK car and appears to have come to Australia around 91/2, originally Azzuro blue,
    has had the sill/rocker panels replaced and done reasonably well, rear quarter bottoms have been done and still solid, small patch of rust bubbling on lower rh fender and rh roof,
    fuel tanks are in good cond and out of car,
    if you see my posts I got this car pretty cheap but that said it was a gamble that all the bits were there, Im offering it at more than I paid, but that's business so shoot me...
    what its missing,
    fuel pumps,
    one lower air intake the steel bit under the injection that holds the air cleaner,
    torque converter ($200 off the shelf)
    original door key and ignition lock ( I have an alfa one that just needs the steering lock lengthend or use as is) ignition lock surround trim
    lh windscreen wiper wheel house pivot and lever
    boot trim from sides, spare wheel cover is there,
    located Albany Western Australia,
    I can get to Perth for transport,
    I can crate all the parts and motor for shipping,
    $25k AUD as is, transported to Perth if needed,
    No offers at the moment please
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. D.J

D.J Karting

Mar 17, 2015
    Perth WA
    Did you sell it Russ ? Gone from gummy.

3. rusty69911

rusty69911 Karting

Nov 11, 2016
    Albany Australia
    Full Name:
    Russ Freer
    Wife convinced me not to sell, had plenty of interest,
    for what it cost it can sit there really,
    its under cover and not rotting away, Id be silly to sell,
    I just get frustrated working away and not getting everything done haha,
    hows yours goin DJ?
    Cheers Russ...

Al Campbell likes this.
  4. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    Hey Russ, what about that rusty combi in the background? I think you made the right shoice for the 400.

5. D.J

D.J Karting

Mar 17, 2015
    Perth WA
    Going good all be it slowly . 18 was a busy year.

6. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This was the car in action back in 2015

7. rusty69911

rusty69911 Karting

Nov 11, 2016
    Albany Australia
    Full Name:
    Russ Freer
    Temerian, the Kombi is a dec 55 semaphore model, its name is Boris the very rusty bus haha, still in parts collection phase for that one,
    my wife has a bay window crew cab kombi ute, the only old running car we have,
    I have 7 resto projects total plus the dailies so plenty to keep busy,
    Boris is getting saved for my retirement project,
    Cheers Russ...

8. rusty69911

rusty69911 Karting

Nov 11, 2016
    Albany Australia
    Full Name:
    Russ Freer
    yes WRX Mike,
    I think I posted that up a while ago, it had a SBC, dyno sheet was in the car but no motor,
    396hp at the wheels,
    was owned by the coffin cheaters apparently...