Correct seatbelts for early 365GT4 2+2 | FerrariChat

Correct seatbelts for early 365GT4 2+2

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by MaranelloGV, Dec 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaranelloGV

MaranelloGV Karting

May 19, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy V
    I'm looking for pictures of the original seatbelts that should be in the car. Front and rear. To know if mine has the right ones, which I don't think.
    Thanks for any help!

2. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Guy,

Here are some pics of my passenger side front seat belts. The belts have significant sun damage, as the car spent the majority of its time in hot and desert climates. These are off my 1975 365 GT4 2+2 and so they may or may not be the same as earlier cars... however, they should provide at least a reference for you.

These are original and I will be re-webbing them for safety when my car is back on the road. Sadly, my car did not have any rear seat belts... I have no idea why this is so... did it leave the factory this way or were they removed at some point? ... The latter would be odd, as why would someone remove them? They could have easily placed them behind the seats, etc. Secondly, my interior was not changed until I got the car. I say this, as the seats, etc all have the original build number marked or printed on the seats and in the same writing style.

I hope the pics help!

Cheers,

Sam

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. MaranelloGV

MaranelloGV Karting

May 19, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy V
  4. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    Sorry being late to join this post. On my 17295 delivered to TAYRE Madrid in September 1973, the front seat belt arrangement is on the pictures below. I think they are original but I have no proof of that.

They are Klippan model 562 with a date of 1972. The retractor mechanism is on the floor, the shoulder strap clip must be attached to the strap clip from the retractor, then this assembly is pulled over to the center strap lock (a little mistake and the procedure needs to be started from the beginning). Less than user friendly.

There are no safety belts for the back seats.

Shoulder strap
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Shoulder strap clip (this clip goes in the retractor clip before locking the assembly onto the center strap).

Retractor, its strap and the clip

Center strap and its lock

5. MaranelloGV

MaranelloGV Karting

May 19, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy V
    Thanks! They look completely different than the ones in my car...
    Guy

6. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    Yes they are different from the belts in my other cars. I have a 365 chassis 17425 from November 1973 with again a special arrangement where the retractor is behind the trim near the back seat, this is definitely an aftermarket add-on or replacement because the cut in the trim is not very "clean" (see the picture) and the center lock shows the logo of a rival carmaker (Ford).

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

My 400's all have the retractor on the floor just ahead of the back seats, the loop is above the shoulder on the door pillar. Example in the picture below for a 400i series II

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login