The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread | Page 201 | FerrariChat

The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Dec 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I find that extremely sad.

It almost seems like the family is being forced to speak about Michael in the present tense.

Matt

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Alot of German language coming out of the Michael Schumacher twitter page.

Anyone care to translate???

Family to celebrate his 50th Birthday.

daytona355 likes this.
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yup. I didn't see the "really cool" part in any of that either.

Smiles likes this.
  4. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    I agree. Nothing very encouraging about the family’s update. The language about achievements is surely a reference to the past although we all hope it may mean achievements since the injury - probably a forlorn hope. I hope one day we will hear from Michael himself.

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I feel that the family choosing to honor his achievements on his 50th birthday by creating a virtual museum is a gracious act. It brings the fans back into the equation...that hasn’t been the case since his accident. I think also mentioning that it’s HIS wish to keep his condition private should not be overlooked.

Lotaz, daytona355, sammysaber and 2 others like this.
  6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Just for the record: there is another one about the 1994 season scheduled to be published in the coming days:
    https://www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-the-untold-story-of-a-tragic-and-controversial-f1-season.html

Rgds

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Interesting, thanks. Oddly enough they chose a very similar picture for the front page as Matchett did: The Hockenheim refueling fire incident.

Aside from all the F1 history retelling, one thing I really enjoyed about Matchett's book is that he basically tells the season from the perspective of his own life as a mechanic, including in how he got the job in the first place.

8. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    There is no way of knowing whether it is his wish or not without being exposed to the person first hand . With such a terrible injury , it would highly unlikely he would be barley functional and most probably semi comatose most of the time , again , pure speculation.
    My guess is that his physical condition and appearance is pretty rough and the family wants Michael to be remembered as he was in his prime not as the diminished person he is now .
    In any way , none of our business , I wish him the very best

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This

daytona355 likes this.
  10. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michael Schumacher was a polarizing figure in F1 due to both the talent he possessed and hardness in his racing. Sometimes it was too much and he still generates passionate opinions today. For those of you who still find the need to denigrate a great racer, I urge you to have a look at what one of his rivals had to say. If DC has the ability to look back with grace and admiration, I dare say that you should have the capacity as well. While it may not change your opinion of the man, it might just make you think about what you write in these pages.

Was he perfect or right in all his decisions, no, but it was his mindset that made him who he was, good and bad. The same can be said of Senna. I have followed F1 for enough years to see good periods and bad. I wish F1 still had drivers and cars and rivalries that generated the excitement of that period. F1 ebbs and flows and sometimes we don't recognize the good until we compare it to what we have.

I wish MS nothing but the best for his 50th and while I think it not likely, a continuance of a life that is meaningful and worth living to him and his family.

Bas, Nuvolari, tritone and 8 others like this.
  11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It could mean the same depending on the voice inflection used, and then of course, Vettel being German, our German friends here may be able to tell us if it translates properly too. I think Vettel is one of Michaels biggest ever fans, and to be driving alongside Mick is probably as special for Seb and it was for a ‘rookie’ like Mick to drove alongside a 4 times world champ (even if he has driven alongside his 7 times champ dad!). I think it works either way for me, but you know how English English and American English are like two uncommon languages sometimes!

13. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Sorry to say that the statement from Michael's family sounds like an acknowledgement that he is in a permanent vegetative state and they are now simply caring for his body. A museum to his career is as close to an obituary as I can think of.

14. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    "I’m sure Michael would be extremely proud of his son"

I just choose to hear Seb Vettel sharing a fine moment with Mick and paying tribute to the elder Schumacher.

15. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    The GOAT's 2000 helmet.

Michael Schumacher 2000 Schuberth QF1 Serial number 001. Unique design. Nicknamed "the crocodile", this is Michael's very first Schuberth helmet who previously used Bell. One of the rarest helmets in the history of F1. Estimate: €50,000 - 100,000.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    The contract from Spa 1991 between Michael Schumacher and Eddie Jordan with the loophole allowing Michael to switch to Benetton one race later in Monza.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud, nietoale1 and daytona355 like this.
  17. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton
    We look way too much into this, he had a skiing accident and is a vegetable, the whole situation is played out. He is a vegetable now, I wish he were here.
    They needed to let him pass with dignity, he lost tye dignity when the fanily wants to make a publicized and revenue generating movie of his accomplishments while he is in this state.
    What more are we supposed to endure? I hope an endgame comes for him, because he is very young, and I hope his family does not dwell on hopes and keeps him alive for another 25 years if he is not longer present of mind with us.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Woah woah woah... who said "vegetable"? Who are you to decide what his wishes are and aren't.

There's no question Michael had a serious brain injury. But there's very little we know about his condition and general happiness.

What can WE endure? Like somehow it's our tragedy we have to deal with? Talk about arrogance!

F2003-GA, Bas and daytona355 like this.
  19. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    ^That is true. No one said he was in comatose condition. The only concrete thing we all know is that he cannot stand by himself. Which means he is probably on a wheelchair.

20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    They are going to do a documentary on Schumacher's life per the family's permission.

G. Pepper likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Let’s be honest I don’t know if is in a vegetable state but he must be sadly, very close to it not being able to move etc.
    It was fate, he had an helmet etc... it was just meant to happen: sad for his family; personally I never liked him one bit and always thought he was a royal ****** but would never ever wish that to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    TifosiUSA, Bas, Matt LaMotte and 4 others like this.
  23. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    [Autosport] The Ferrari that Michael Schumacher drove on the way to winning the 2002 F1 championship will be auctioned at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, with proceeds going to the Schumacher family's Keep Fighting, Never Give Up Foundation.

chassis #219

[​IMG]

Bas, stavura and daytona355 like this.