Let American Airlines screw you over up to 6 times... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Let American Airlines screw you over up to 6 times...

Discussion in 'Travel' started by energy88, Jan 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    You did - in 20 years of flying them exclusively I've never seen this on a narrow body. I don't think I've seen it on a wide body either.

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    It was the only time I've ever boarded behind first. It was an international configuration with the lie flat seats.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't board from there since the flight attendants are having to serve the people in first while everyone is still boarding

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Depends on the plane and the jetway. Example, most jetways can't do it on an A321 due to how forward the engines are.

I see the door behind first class used at least 25% of the time on Delta. Happened just Friday on a 757 on the MSP-SEA route.

4. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I've always said this. But since it's logical and efficient, it will never be done. sigh

5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I don't think there is any air carrier flying to Europe 'affordably' that is not crappy in many of several different ways.
    Same with bookings and upgrades.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Every Delta 757 I've ever taken has loaded from the second door.

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I've flown many U.S. airlines, but never on American. After reading this thread, I don't think that I've missed anything! (I've flown United in the past, but considering their recent history, I'd avoid them today as well.)

8. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I have never had a problem flying in or from anywhere in the world, but I only
    have about 500,000 air miles in my life combined.
    This Friday I am flying domestically on American, I have a new carry-on case that fits the
    exact dimensions as put forth by both American and the TSA, I will see if I have any issues
    then... and my 'personal items carryon' also fits the exact dimensions.

PS - Oh I did have an issue flying Delta out of Bucharest 3 years ago, they cancelled the flight
    - speaking in Romanian over the loudspeaker system - and EVERYONE RAN to the rebooking window,
    and 15 seconds later they announced it in English. I had the last laugh, though, because we were at
    the very end of the rebooking line - we got the last seats they wanted to give out as that was all that
    was left. Yep - First Class.