For Sale - 1985 Ferrari 308 Quattro Valvole - White on Red | Page 3 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1985 Ferrari 308 Quattro Valvole - White on Red

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by kylefromidaho, Sep 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    And here's another nice 308 that I can't believe is still waiting for a new owner. I'm kind of thinking that in a few years there will be people remembering when they could have picked up a 308 for around 80K.

When I bought my 308, the owner also had a lovely little yellow Dino in his garage. It was a real beauty, and I remember at the time thinking that if it ever came up for sale, I'd like to buy it. A few years later, I saw it advertised in FML. I thought the 80K he was asking was a little steep for a Dino, so I passed...

eyeman1234 and kylefromidaho like this.
  2. kylefromidaho

kylefromidaho Karting

Apr 13, 2017
    Boise Idaho
    I am surprised it is still around as well the car is SO NICE!!! Thinking about sending it to Scottsdale. What do you guys think?

3. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Scottsdale, as in Barrett-Jackson? I'd be surprised if the car sold for over $57K at their auctions.

(That's an observation on BJ, not the car.)

4. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Agreed.

Barrett is more friend to the muscle cars etc.

5. kylefromidaho

kylefromidaho Karting

Apr 13, 2017
    Boise Idaho
    I would never use Barrett, there are several auctions going on at the same time in Scottsdale. I am thinking Bonhams or Russo and Steele

6. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    I’m interested in the car. Need more info. Call me. 727-687-1239. Lars

7. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    Any chance you wanna make room by selling the white/red TR? :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

8. kylefromidaho

kylefromidaho Karting

Apr 13, 2017
    Boise Idaho
    Just left a message give me a call back when you can.

9. kylefromidaho

kylefromidaho Karting

Apr 13, 2017
    Boise Idaho
    Left a couple messages with no response. Give me a call when you can. 208-659-9588

10. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Might be late for the Barrett Jackson comment, but I don’t think Ferrari’s do well in those type of “public” auctions. They asked if I wanted to sell my 308 QV at BJ Mohegan Sun in Connecticut last year, and I said no way.

First, as a registered buyer, you don’t get much access to the cars and their maintenance history. This is much less of an issue with a Corvette (where parts are cheap even for an expensive “collector” Vette). But buying a sub-$100k Ferrari at a public auction could cost you a ton of cash fixing who-knows-what type of issues. That’s why Ferrari’s and other exotics don’t get bid too high...buyers are simply too cautious given the risk.

I think Ferraris fetch far more cash at “private” style auctions (the high-end auctions that allow plenty of buyer interaction with the cars).

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Schulz308 likes this.
  11. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Spot on. Unless the exotic is a super-rare and with well-know history, most “modern” Ferrari’s do not do well. Now, if your mechanically adept and don’t mind a potential project, the auction could be the perfect place to snag a bargain.

12. warrenz

warrenz Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Sweet S Ranch
    Full Name:
    Regis Bragg Stevenson
    I would advise to hold on and wait to May 2019,,
    a lot of $ has come out of the market,
    ,true some has gone back in.
    But remember,,
    the crash of 1987 kicked off a huge bull market in vintage Ferrari.
    Fair Value is $100k IMHO

kylefromidaho likes this.