Any experience with Newport Beach Ferrari & Maserati collision center? | FerrariChat

Any experience with Newport Beach Ferrari & Maserati collision center?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by tuonoR, Dec 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    Have you had a car repaired / painted there? Just looking for references (good or bad) -- I am installing a euro bumper on my Scud and the shops I've tried can't match the paint (F1 nuovo rosso 2007).

Figure the factory authorized shop has the right connections in Italy to get the tinting / technique down. I did try Premier already.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post in a thread. Thanks.

2. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I would check with Randy at RMT Motorsports in Yorba Linda.

http://www.rmtmotorsports.com/

Randy used to work at Newport Beach Ferrari. I find him to be very honest and he will give you the straight scoop and a good referral. I wanted to change my dash and he had a referral that sourced real Ferrari leather and did a great job that looked original. I trust him with my car and take it to him for everything.

sparetireless likes this.
  3. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Premier MOTORSPORTS is the best. But the wait is extremely long. I personally avoid dealerships altogether. If I remember correctly a few cars have been stolen there and my friends have had cars dinged and damaged at that service center. It’s the one off red hill. Talk to Dave and even if you don’t go with him he’s always happy to help guide you. My scud came out better than factory when Dave was done with it

Image Unavailable, Please Login

sparetireless and Greg34 like this.
  4. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
    There is no formula from the dealer/ferrari that can help you.Can only supply paint codes.With that being said you just need to find a shop that will spend the extra time and do multiple spray outs on similiar material panels on a large surface.Obviously this car is special to you so maybe find them good samples to spray first and let sit next to the car out in daylight to see how close you can get.

Sky Hye likes this.
  5. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    If David cant get it right, no one can!

He did a fantastic job repairing repair & paint of my Testarossa after a nasty accident back in 2013. When I got the car back from him, it was better than new and in fact, the paint matched perfectly.

sparetireless, Sky Hye and Greg34 like this.
  6. Greg34

Greg34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 31, 2010
    Sunset Beach
    Full Name:
    Greg
    +3 For Premier. From experience

sparetireless and Sky Hye like this.
  7. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    +4 for Premier. I’ve seen them match triple layer paints perfectly on two separate occasions. Dave’s worked on three cars for me and each time the result has been fantastic. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.

sparetireless and Sky Hye like this.
  8. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    Thanks for the replies...I had consulted with Dave (and essentially had him do a trial run by painting the reflectors) but he couldn't match it to his standards. Also had a hod rod painter that Fast Cars uses do a few spray-outs to no avail.

Which is why I was inquiring about Newport Beach. The thinking is that access to someone at carrozzeria could be helpful. Dave had actually reached out to some of his contacts to see if he could get a batch of paint mixed by the factory to no avail.