91-92 Diablo vs 94 TR | Page 6 | FerrariChat

91-92 Diablo vs 94 TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by TODDZTR, Jan 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    Thanks Shamile! I appreciated your thoughts in the past and your post for all your cars.

It's going to be a long winter waiting for the spring. I can't wait to drive and listen to that motor and Tubi roar!!

Appreciate the grocery pic, now I know Lol

Cheers,
    T.

Sent from my BBA100-1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shamile likes this.
  2. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    Congrats love the red on red combination unique.

TODDZTR likes this.
  3. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Congrats! Looks like an amazing example. Was out with mine today. The Diablo is a much more exciting then the Testarossa or 512.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    Thanks. I can't wait to drive it!! Just starting it a listening to it, you know it just wants some rpm!!
    Cheers

Sent from my BBA100-1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

PineChris likes this.
  5. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Congratulation Todd, looks good in red on red. I like red interiors. I hope you will enjoy it as much as possible.

TODDZTR likes this.
  6. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Ahhh....the Diablo....one of my dream cars! I was in awe of them when they first came out, and still am today! A few years ago my significant other gave me permission to look at Diablos to replace our Testarossa. I found a black / black car that was solid, the owner said there was paint work on the nose section but I looked at it under the lights, out in the sun...and I could not tell...it was that good of a job! The price was very good but I was unable to get things going in time, and the guy sold it for only 55,000! I was sick to my stomach for a month after that....

Congratulations on your red beauty....!

7. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    Thanks very much for the compliment! I love the Testarossa's and the TR's! I love the lines of those cars!
    Cheers,
    T.

8. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    OP should get a 94 or later Diablo. Concerning head gaskets, there is no such thing as a head gasket going out because of age. The have a stainless o-ring around the cylinder and that does no age. Maybe that's what you were told. I have owned 7 diablos and it has cost virtually nothing in maintenance. You are guaranteed $8-10k belt services on the TR. Its an apple and oranges comparison though.

Shamile likes this.
  9. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    It's nice to hear from owners of both cars and their tales of ownership! I absolutely love the TR, hence my handle, and would have bought one if the right one came along, but as time went on, I honestly didn't want to do the belts and such throughout ownership. While the early Diablo's had some issues with the chain tensioners, you can't beat a chain I think, so that was one reasons I went towards a Diablo, plus more horsepower :). IMHO both cars are awesome and I likely will get a TR at some point, but for now this Big Red is a bull.

Cheers,
    T.

MOSS likes this.