Ferrari Mechanic in Spokane! | FerrariChat

Ferrari Mechanic in Spokane!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by fishyfishfish, Jul 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fishyfishfish

fishyfishfish Karting

Apr 20, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Fisher
    In need of a Ferrari mechanic in Spokane asap... PPI, minor service, and not already booked until October like Corsmith. Thanks in advance!!!!

2. TooFast355

TooFast355 Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Randall
    Fishy, did you ever find a Ferrari mechanic in Spokane? I'm looking for one as well.

3. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I talked to Botzans today. They told me they are capable, but I 'm wondering if anyone here would give a positive review. 509-928-4747

4. TooFast355

TooFast355 Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Randall
    I would be curious to hear what people think of Botzans as well. I talked to them regarding F355's. If I remember right the individual looked up the last time they performed a major on a F355 and it was like 8 years ago...hmmm.

5. thoke

thoke Karting

Jul 31, 2011
    Ridgway CO
    Full Name:
    T.Hoke
    Marks Automotive, Post Falls?

6. TooFast355

TooFast355 Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Randall
    I spoke to Mark last week regarding a 355 that I’m looking at. He is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Will post additional feedback should I use his services in future.

7. thoke

thoke Karting

Jul 31, 2011
    Ridgway CO
    Full Name:
    T.Hoke
    He did the major on my 328.

8. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Jeff,

I would be interested to hear if Mark’s Automotive in Post Falls turns out to be a viable service option. I was able to get my 612 Scaglietti serviced last summer at Dave Smith in Cd’A, but I have heard that their Maserati technician with extensive Ferrari experience has moved back to Las Vegas.

Also, I’ve got a group of about 15 guys with interesting cars that get together regularly during the warm months for groups drives. Cars include a gated manual F430, F430 Spider, Cayman GT4, Huracan, Ford GT, old school NSX, F-Type SVR, Lotus Elise, and F12 Berlinetta to name a few.

If you are interested and want to receive invites to our group drives, send me an email with the year and model of your F355 and I will add you to the list.

-Chris Heller

[email protected]

9. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

I talked to Mark a week ago and he told me he does service several Ferrari's in the area, mostly 308 328. But he said winter months are the best for him as he gets very busy spring thru summer. I would like to hear from anyone who has used him.

10. thoke

thoke Karting

Jul 31, 2011
    Ridgway CO
    Full Name:
    T.Hoke
    What would you like to know?

11. thoke

thoke Karting

Jul 31, 2011
    Ridgway CO
    Full Name:
    T.Hoke
    Group drives local to Spokane? Sounds fun. Destination drives or day trips?

12. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller

13. thoke

thoke Karting

Jul 31, 2011
    Ridgway CO
    Full Name:
    T.Hoke
    Email sent - Thanks for the invite.

14. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    I spoke with a service advisor named Josh at Dave Smith Maserati/Alfa Romeo in Coeur d’Alene today.

He confirmed that Jason, who was their certified Ferrari and Maserati technician, has in fact moved back to Las Vegas. They do have a Maserati mechanic who “feels comfortable” servicing Ferraris, but by his own admission is not a certified Ferrari mechanic.

Not sure if that helps. I have an appointment for mid-April to have an inspection and oil change once the 612 comes out of storage. We’ll see how it goes.

Chris

15. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    Anyone have on Mark's work? Someone who has had him work on their Ferrari? Efficient? Good Suggestions (like don't replace this part yet, wait til blah and save some time), etc. Thanks

16. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    I'll jump in. 90% of what we do is service Ferrari's. We regularly provide enclosed pick up and delivery service as far East as the Montana Wyoming border. Please keep us in mind if we can assist.

17. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

OK.....who are you?

18. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    7 Lakes Auto Repair, Arlington Wa. My Name is Mark Glenwood, I am well know locally.

19. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    It seems like if they are willing to have the car shipped to Seattle, Portland, or Salt Lake (maybe Boise?) then there are lots of options.

windsock likes this.
  20. JohnMan

JohnMan Rookie

Sep 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    John J Mantello
    Hey all, 308 owner in Spokane. I would also love to know about any local car groups and good drives.

as for mechanics, I was just seeing any article from the spokesman about someone named David Geary in Deer Park who is a Ferrari mechanic that opened his own shop and people ship their Ferraris to him. Trying to get more details and an actual shop name. I’d love to hear any reviews of local shops as I haven’t found any I trust and about to change out my own water pump. Thank you!

21. manandmachine

manandmachine Rookie

Jul 29, 2022
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Full Name:
    Gregg Duranleau
    For drives, Ferrari events, and your Spokane Ferrari Community in general contact: [email protected]

Gregg Duranleau, Pres. Inland Empire Chapter - NWRFCA

22. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    Dave got banned? He's a great guy I've known for 20 years

AirKuhl likes this.
  23. AirKuhl

AirKuhl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 23, 2004
    Who da ho?
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I consider Dave and Jennie personal friends and along with being a well-known world class Ferrari mechanic he's one of the nicest people I've ever met.
    I have no idea why he was banned other than he "advertised" a few posts ago in this thread by letting locals know he was available, without paying Fchat their tithe.

24. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    Seems a little drastic. I know Dave pokes at the keys and spends very little time on the internet. It must have been an misunderstanding.

25. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    Let’s untwist the above: Dave Helms and wife Kris, plus daughter Jenni own Scuderia Rampante in Erie, Colorado.

David Geary has his shop in Deer Park, Washington (Spokane area).

My understanding is: Geary created a beautiful, new shop in Deer Park after flying in and out of San Diego weekly to work there. Such travel probably got REALLY old. As a part of setting up his new business he made comments about it on FChat. Having met him and seen his new, spotless, small (4 cars) shop my gut tells me he didn’t realize it is against the rules to mention your shop on FChat.

Anyway - that is my guess of what happened.

While I don’t really have a vote - my request to FChat owners and referees is that David Geary be “in-banned.”

Respectfully Submitted,

Jamie Sadler
    (just a guy without a vote in this matter)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

david and donv like this.