Pioneer Avic 8200NEX Install in 612 | FerrariChat

Pioneer Avic 8200NEX Install in 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by Nick Hall, Dec 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nick Hall

Nick Hall Rookie

Nov 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Nick hall
    A few pictures of a 612 i recently installed a Pioneer 8200nex into. It originally had the single din becker radio with a bose amplifier. I've seen a few where the bottom of the trim has been left open, I molded a piece of ABS onto the oem radio trim then had it painted to match the oem black. Was also able to use a harness which allowed the oem amplifier to work. Thought it turned out nice and wanted to share some pictures. .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Marco_, randkin, m5shiv and 2 others like this.
  2. ZDF_Fan

ZDF_Fan Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Kuwait
    Looks like a nice clean install Thanks for sharing.

I’ve been going back and forth about doing the same upgrade with mine but have decided to keep it stock for now.

Did the harness come with the headunit or did you source it independently? I’ve seen a few of these upgrades on here and thought it was a direct plug ‘n play

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Nick Hall

Nick Hall Rookie

Nov 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Nick hall
    Thank you. I used a BHA1784 from PAC. It was $20 and I didn't have to cut a single wire. I dont know if the same can be said for car with the Bose radio.

4. ZDF_Fan

ZDF_Fan Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Kuwait
    I have an early gen with the Becker unit so that’s helpful feedback. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. jochem00

jochem00 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2014
    Netherlands
    the harness on the becker radio is a standard ISO connector so it will go straight into any aftermarket radio.

I personally don't like the shiny black plastic look of the pioneer.
    by the way ferrari does supply 2-din brackets for the 612 to install 2-din aftermarket radios. about 500USD so not too bad.

6. Ramonky10

Ramonky10 Rookie

Jun 6, 2023
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon Kuijpers
    I've been searching for months to connect the amplifier. Which harness did you use? Could you please send an image?

7. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    how did you get the Ferrari logo to come up? I have a similar, but older Pioneer unit. It has many features and I don't listen to it much.