355 for sale next Saturday | FerrariChat

355 for sale next Saturday

Discussion in '348/355' started by The Kook Abides, Dec 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Kook Abides

The Kook Abides F1 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
  2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Extremely optimistic estimate range. I love how auction houses do this in attempt to over inflate value.

3. The Kook Abides

Jan 4, 2011
    Hey Dave. What do you think of the interior button condition? Cost to repair?

4. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    From what I can see in the photos, the only obvious sticky part is the ashtray. Other look to be refinished and not sticky although I question the quality.

For our pricing, please email me: dave.lelonek@**********.com

The engine bay and other areas look very nice yet I still struggle with the estimate.

5. The Kook Abides

Jan 4, 2011
    Thanks, Dave. You guess this is a 80k car?

6. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    I know why some people are being nice about the price.
    Con -
    1996 - some people prefer 1998 for the ODB2 cars as allegedly the bronze bits were not used
    Green - not the most favorite color for sure
    Sticky parts - a minor issue
    convertible - love them but the bring in less dollars

Pro -
    Miles, but this could also be a con if it hasn't been driven more than 500 miles in the last couple years.

It looks pretty and in good shape but 100k+ seems not correct. Auctions sometimes bring in higher bids, so we will see how close it will get to the range (or into it)

7. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    Agree that valuation is way off

+ Rare Color
    + Manual
    + Low miles

- Convertable
    - Major 4 years ago

If I was in the market, this would be a 75-85k car.

They're banking on the miles, which might get it to 90 if the major had been done in the last year, but as it hasn't -10k.

8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Low mile example in a rare, yet non desirable color. $65K IMO

9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    What's that ugly metal panel for in the forward luggage comparment? Stereo amplifier cover? Points lost for loss of luggage space, originality, unknown wiring routing...
    Leather on passenger airbag needs some work.

10. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Exactly, some colors are rare for a reason, very few wanted them then and just as few want them now.

Dave rocks and drbob101 like this.
  11. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Not sure what you’re talking about. That is a fantastic color for that car. I can’t do the tan interior, nor spiders, but that dark green is great.

tfazio and steved033 like this.
  12. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Thats why I said “very few” instead of nobody. You’re an anomaly. I don’t do peanut butter looking interior either.

bjwhite likes this.
  13. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Any color but red is ok
    Personally I like black or white interiors

14. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I have actually become quite enamored with the 355 in various shades of Verde. I prefer the brighter greens of Verde Mugello and Verde Silverstone - and definitely both over Verde Inglese (as is the shade of this car). Mugello 'pops' while Silverstone seems a little more muted. Seemingly harder to find are the Verde Scuro Metallizato (sp?) cars, which somewhat resembles Inglese or a forest green, but metallic. I'd love to see a picture of these shades all next to each other - but this is a picture that likely does not exist.

Where a non-metallic Rosso accentuates the curves of the car, the Verde Inglese seems to hide them in my eyes. This is why I prefer the mica/metallic greens over this car's particular color.

The Top Gear episode where Jeremy is buying a 355 where he hems and haws about colors but then ends up with Rossa Corsa... this is me. :rolleyes:

I do, however, have an extremely soft spot in my heart for cars (any car) in a unique or very limited factory shade.

15. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

No PB for me either blah.

16. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I think this is one of the best looking F355 Spiders I have ever seen. I absolutely love it! I am surprised others are not finding it to be a gorgeous example. If it could be bought for anywhere close to $65K I think it would be an absolute steal at that price. I think the "rare" color helps its long-term value and the low mileage will help bring bids up as well. I think this one will sell close to the $100K low estimate. This is one case where I hope I am wrong and it sells for much less.

I know there is a thread about which Ferrari's do you see appreciating in value over the next 5 years. I responded to that thread but I think you could add rare painted modern Ferrari's to that list unless the color is flat out hideous.

krazykarguy likes this.
  17. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    $65-70

At least it has all the fobs.

18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    $85 to $90k all day long. 4700 miles and 2014, I wouldn't even consider a major for another 3 years. And let's face it, it's not going to be driven much, if at all. This will go to a collector, and from a collector's point of view the color makes it more desirable. And it a spider!

krazykarguy likes this.
  19. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I was at the Peterson Museum today and saw this car, the color is very interesting..car looked very clean, not sure what it ended up going for.

20. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Looks like $102k+fees, for a total around $114k (according to hammer price app). A lot more than most here were expecting.

21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I expected big, just not big enough. Unique car.

22. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Interesting. I got a call from RM on Friday and they have a restoration shop. They are sending us parts for another spider going to auction in January. They want to make the car right prior to auction. It was very refreshing to hear. Parts on the way to us now.

23. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    That is interesting. It must be pretty bad. After all, they didn't bother with the ash tray on the green car that just sold.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    As a donut maker... pro or con? ;)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    These cars are beginning to get the recognition they deserve. If sorted, it's an all time great Ferrari. Gorgeous, exhilarating to drive, comfortable, small in size.