Alfa Romeo Giulia | Page 66 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Nov 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Super cool combo!

2. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    All right boys, I'm ready to give in. I've been watching the leftover 2018 prices for Giulias, and they've come down enough that I'm going to buy a QF. It will replace my Golf R as my daily driver.

I went to look at one yesterday. Build date of 10/17. Almost 300 miles on the odo, and this is a "brand new" car. ALL window surround trim was oxidized. All interior black plastic was fading to white. Bolts inside the doors were rusted. Complete lot rot. Again, this is a brand new car. It was specced exactly how I want it, but I'm not buying that particular car. Makes me worry, though, that the cars can't handle sitting, albeit in the Texas sun and rain, without this kind of deterioration.

I found another one, exactly what I want, but I'll have to buy it sight unseen. Will get lots of pictures and video though before I buy it.

Thing is, these cars are just sitting there. Not a single QF that I've been watching on dealer lots has sold, and I've been watching for months. And I don't think buyers are waiting for the 2019 cars either. The regular Giulias seem to sell, though.

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

f
    flood victim? my car is a 2017 and she is perfecto. none of the issues you describe.

4. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Maybe, but build date was after the Harvey floods in 2017. I guess it's possible that it was stored in a low-lying area that flooded, but I can't imagine a dealership would knowingly sell a flooded car.

5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    At limerock with my q4 sport. Surprisingly fantastic! Trans is like pdk. Just wish could shut off stability control. Ridiculous that cant

7. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Funny, I had a stage 2 + Golf R as a dd before I moved on to a Quadrifoglio.

8. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    Quad owners - how do you feel about the interior material and build quality?

I was at the dealer taking a hard look at one and the interior gave me pause. It felt like too much cheap and almost fragile plastic. Notable examples were high touch elements like the shift lever and MMI controller wheel. In living with the car daily, is this is an issue/concern for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ferraripete

no issues from me. in fact, the more I drive the car the more I appreciate what alfa has designed for interior. I do not have sparco seats however I find my standard seats to be very good.

10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i absolutely love interior of mine in red with extended leather option. sport seats are maybe best combo of daily and long distance comfort combined with track ready support. imo, overall interior is nicer than competing german makes.

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

I agree with that, including the cheaper Guilia models other than the QF

Makuono likes this.
  12. TMan

TMan Formula Junior

May 13, 2006
    Colorful Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have 17,000 mi on my Giulia Ti Q4 and I have NONE of those issues. It is my one and only car, which of course I drive daily, and what a car it is to drive every day. It's been...perfect!

ricksb likes this.
  13. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I've had no issues with my Quadri. The only cheap interior part in my opinion is the hood release lever. It actually broke off trying to open it.
    My only other issue was the sharp plastic joint between the top of the shift lever and it's chrome shaft, which was resolved by a Dremel and a polishing head.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  14. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    what ^^^^said....2 years into the car and could not be happier....the only thing I would add, and it really only effected the early build cars like mine, was the wiper fluid bumper cap came flying off the car....LOL....interior bracket was the culprit...fixed all good

15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    my awd was very stable in snow today for 1st time. took it to empty lot to drift around but esp wont let it go. dynamic mode does make it excellent for a beginner to learn drifting though but cant say enough how stupid of alfa to not put a defeat button on it.

16. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I don't feel that way. The carbon + alcantara wheel is fantastic IMO, and the leather + alcantara insert seats are also very good. The paddles have a good weight and feel "right" with just enough click to be assuring.

The only place I really notice "cheap" feeling plastic is the lower part of the doors. I know what you mean about the shifter since it does feel hollow. I've really never used it for shifting action in manual mode though, since the paddles are large and well positioned. And the steering controls for the radio are intuitive, I use the thumb buttons to switch between favorite SiriusXM channels and the thumbwheel for volume - I would say I mostly use the MMI dial/wheel just to switch between that an phone Bluetooth for the audio player.

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    When I test drove the Giulia Ti, I said immediately that the same person who did the steering wheel in the Ferrari 458 did this wheel. Very similar tactile feel of the wheel, the alcantera, and the paddles.

Also the start button feels like they stole it out of the Ferrari bins.

Mbutner and ryalex like this.
  18. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Just picked her up about 2hrs ago, I think she is going to be a lot of fun. Wife's lease is up so it was time to get her back into an Alfa, last one was a 91 164L. Car is super solid and quiet on the highway, looking forward to driving her some more. Apple CarPlay kicks butt and its nice that Waze is now available too. My 4C now has a big sister Giulia!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Patek, Makuono, Mbutner and 3 others like this.
  19. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Congratulations....looks like you got that in Larchmont

Rags747 likes this.
  20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Beauty with the rims in silver!
    congrats

Rags747 likes this.
  21. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Yes Larchmont. Deals on remaining 18's were just too good to pass up. Unfortunately they only had one 18 TI Sport that did not thrill me due to options missing etc. Started searching for silver/red, black metallic/red with silver wheels but its pretty much a unicorn within 125 miles for an 18 and the options that I had to have. Larchmont had a 19 Blk Metallic/red with silver wheels that I almost did but the prices on the 18's were too much of a pull. Found the 18 Misano Blue with all the options I wanted, not too far away. Wife thought the blue was too "young" of a color but we took a ride last Sunday to ck it out. Bright sunny day so the car just popped and the wife said she loved the color, Ha! Talked to Larchmont and they bought the car from the dealer and we did the deal.

Funny thing is I was all set to do a Durango RT as it just fits what we need to do right now better, house is on the mkt and looking to move to Sarasota so figured the Durango would be a perfect vehicle for the trip back and forth every 3/4 months or so to see my daughter. Wife liked the Alfa and the Durango was an afterthought. Going for a cruise shortly...

22. ferraripete

rags, she is a pretty little jewel/giulia. I too really like the bright wheels as I too chose that option.

Rags747 likes this.
  23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  24. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That interior looks fine IMO, the alcantara areas always look brushed around and there is only a little wrinkle wear to the lower bolsters. Mine look kind of like that and I'm still under 5k miles.

I don't think it's the leather quality that encourages that as much as the shape of that outer piece. Plus, as you will learn, when you drop into the car seat you often squish that piece with your left butt cheek.

There aren't many argento cars around. I've seen one silver QV in Vegas and no regular Giulias in it. A few silver Stelvios though.

Have you driven one yet?

staatsof likes this.