For Sale - Genuine Original 16" Magnesium Speedline wheels for 308 | FerrariChat

For Sale Genuine Original 16" Magnesium Speedline wheels for 308

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by AndyMc308, Nov 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndyMc308

AndyMc308 Rookie

Sep 14, 2009
    For sale, set of four genuine original 16" magnesium Speedline wheels for Ferrari 308 GTB or GTS.
    7" fronts, 8" rears.

These were fitted to my car when I bought it. They were originally an extremely expensive optional extra (7% of the cost of the car!). However, I have recently discovered that my car was delivered with 14" wheels and I have managed to find a set of those for the sake of originality. These 16"s have been living on a shelf in my dehumidified garage, but it would be nice to know they were reunited with a car. I believe that it is now very hard to find a set.

The 16"s must have been bought as an upgrade for my car at some point in the early 1980s. The fronts are date-stamped 1978 and the rears 1980.

They were reconditioned in November 2016 by Steve Coker of Hereford, a noted expert with magnesium. They show some signs of their 40 years but I have tried to show the worst areas on the photos.

£4,000 or nearest offer, plus delivery.

I can email more close-up photos if requested.

Andy
    [email protected]

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

George Vosburgh and Albert-LP like this.
  2. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    Does any one know what the weight saving is per wheel? The 16" wheels on my '85 308 QV also have Magnesium on the back of the wheels. So do I have the more expensive optioned wheels of the normal alloy wheels with magnesium content in them.