Price check on clear bra and ceramic coating | FerrariChat

Price check on clear bra and ceramic coating

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 3POINT8, Nov 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I got quote on a full clear bra and ceramic coating for my 458 for $6,500.00. Is this a good price?

Also, is a full clear bra a good idea? I wanted to drive it as much as possible and have a bit of peace of mind. At the same time, I don't know if the full clear bra will look strange.

2. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Full clear bra and ceramic is normal and doesnt look weird. The bra is undetectable from a distance and, on a good job, even close up, you need to know what to look for in order to see it. AFAIAC, it’s the way to go.

$6,500 all said and done well is a decent price. And, in some regions, a great price.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I covered the entire front and under the doors of my 720. Mirrors also. $2500. I did not ceramic coat - so $6500 is about the right ball park for the whole car.

4. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    Full bra will not look strange
    You won’t see it if done right
    6,500 Lund’s okay but where do you live
    What state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    thanks folks. i live in Washington State.

6. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    Okay then can’t help you with price
    But I’d say it’s a good price
    Make sure the give you 2 or 3 coats of ceramic pro

7. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sounds like a fair price. I did 100% PPF (including the windshield and headlights) for a bit less (Phila. area). I really appreciate having the added protection, even when the car is just sitting in the garage.

8. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Not to hijack but who do you use in Philadelphia area?

As for pricing in my area 6500 for whole car and ceramic coating is on par. I have not done the entire car yet my 458, Speciale, and 488 Spider always full front, headlights, mirrors, side rockers, rear bumper were around 3-3.5K. When cleaning my car after drives these are they only areas I pick up any dirt or bugs etc. I plan to do the whole car for the upcoming Pista mostly because of all the extra CF and the livery stripe will be difficult for touchups if I am very unlucky.

9. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    thanks so much really appreciate it!!

10. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I just had my 458 fully wrapped in Expel then top coated with ceramic pro after removal of the old expel which was 4 years old from the hood, fenders, and bumper and I didn't want to see the lines so most edges were wrapped. In all I spent $8K in the Phila area.

11. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    No idea why you would do a ceramic coating on top of PPF unless you just like throwing money away.

Stick with PPF and donate the rest to your pocket.

Viperjoe likes this.
  12. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    $6,500 is about right, assuming a quality install. I've used less than reputable guys to save money before, and the quality was terrible. When picking the car, check around the door sills. A quality installer will wrap the PPF inside the car's door jams. Lesser installers will save time there. They won't wrap around the hood. You'll find bubbles. They won't wrap under the front bumper. They won't remove your badges, they'll just cut a badge shaped hole, etc. A cheap install should be about $4,500 in Texas and a quality install would be $6,500 or more.

Ceramic coating on PPF hasn't meant anything to me. I ceramic coated half my 458 and used CarPro's Reload on the other half. After a recent rainy track day, no one could guess which side was which. If you are going to wash your car, I'd just use Reload instead of wax and forget the ceramic coating. (Part of the reason I ppf'd the car was because I like to wash it and didn't want to worry about scratching it)

Why ceramic coat on top of PPF? Not too sure yet. I think it does make it slightly easier to clean, if you are the person washing it.
    Why ppf? Paint projection film has kept multiple cars rock chip free for me, even with track use. Saved a headlight. Saved a door panel when a door ding could just be popped out instead of needing paint. Saved a front bumper when an old lady in a minivan backed up into my daily driver. The PPF was torn off, but the paint was fine.

13. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I understand ceramic coating over PPF essentially makes it easier to clean. i had ceramic coating on my last car and the water would just run off. you hit it with an air blower and a few towels and you are golden. the guy said this would just be about $600 or so of the cost so considering i plan on keeping the car for a few years seemed to be worth it to me.

14. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have never had a whole car done but I have had 2 cars done for the front half, including front edge of grill slats, headlights, mirrors, door edge/jams and top 6' of roof in Expel both for $1,800. I was pleased with the job and I had a prior job with an earlier product which I was not as happy so I have a basis for comparison. I live in So Cal for reference.

15. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

http://mymcdesigns.com

Matt Clark is an absolute perfectionist. I couldn’t be more pleased with the quality of his work.

16. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I just did my new gt3rs and it was 6k in the washington dc area without ceramic coating. Just clear wrapped the whole car.

Viperjoe likes this.
  17. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I assume this cost includes paint correction. Very important to do that before applying PPF. As for ceramic coating, it will help preserve the PPF. It does, after all, have clear coat similar to your car's paint.
    As someone else noted you can DIY using Reload but it won't last as long. You will need to reapply every couple of months depending on how much it's washed.

Sent from my Galaxy

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    theyre selling PPF with ceramic on it now...no need to pay for both separately

19. nero corsa

nero corsa Karting

Apr 4, 2017
    Research on the installer, sometimes the pricing seems okay but the install is terrible.
    If you look up adonis detail, premier mobile group or rennlist clear bra, you will find tons of info on it.

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I had full car done Xpel Ultimate Plus and CQuartz finest . But I also had a lot of other sections covered in Xpel where there are no templates e.g inside door jams , under bumpers etc etc

Total $8,500 AUD or to my American friends $6,100 USD

21. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    Do you guys clear bra your carbon fiber diffusers?

22. For full wrap and ceramic coating for 6500?

That's a good price. Especially if the PPF is custom, and not precut.

23. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Good price. It’s on the lower end, so make sure the installer is reputable. I’ve learned the hard way that chasing the lowest price can sometimes hurt more than it’s worth.

Try to get pictures of their previous work if possible.

24. Lovedriving

Lovedriving Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Eric D'Amours
    This is more important than money. In my case, the shop was reputable but they’ve never done a 458 before...which I learned after they did the work. They tried 3 times now. I got sick of it and I’m going to another one even if I lose a bit in the process. The ppf has to be invisible. Period.

I’ll do ceramic coating once it’s done just to make the black and red look even deeper. Plus it’s easier to wash. Ceramic coating for protection? Nah.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Fair price and I will also add that cleaning is so easy and fast! The wheels really stay clean much longer too.