In Need of a Pre Purchase Inspection | FerrariChat

In Need of a Pre Purchase Inspection

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by leeber, Nov 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Greetings:
    I am in need of a pre purchase inspection of a 1987 Mercedes in Lisboa (Lisbon). Can any one make a recommendation. The car I am interested in is located at a Auto Dealer and not a private residence , so that should make it a bit easier. But I am located in the United States and have never purchased a car from abroad, and need some reassurances. Thanks.
    Leeber

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I've used the services of a company from Lisbon named Import My Car when I bought two different Ferraris in Germany. I'm satisfied with their work because they advised me on transport, on all the importing procedures as well and took care of inspections and the legal paper work. Despite being a company specialized in all the procedures of importing cars into Portugal due to the fact that some of their customers require pre purchase advise and sometimes inspections abroad before buying the cars, I believe they do this type of work. They have a web site also in english www.importmycar.com/ and my advice is for you to contact them and see if they can help you.

Good luck

Mario

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  3. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Thank you Mario. That is great help to me. I will let you know how it turns out.
    Lee

4. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Hi Lee, good evening.

I'd like to start by saying that I fully agree with Mário. I've also used ImportMyCar's services and I felt very happy with their overall customer care. They're very knowledgeable and should you need any help regarding bureaucracy, they're more than qualified to assist you. You'll be in good hands.

Bearing in mind the car in question is a Mercedes-Benz, I would also point out if I may that there's the Mercedes-Benz Classic Center in Portugal:

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/classic/classic-overview/

https://www.mercedes-benz.pt/content/portugal/mpc/mpc_portugal_website/ptng/home_mpc/van/home/Mercedes_Benz_Portugal/Historia/Mercedes_Benz_Classicos.html

You can also try reaching Mercedes-Benz Portugal's staff at the toll free number: +351 00800 9 777 7777

Other contacts:

Phone: +351 21 925 70 00

E-Mail: [email protected]-benz.com or [email protected]

In terms of the actual PPI, there's an official Mercedes-Benz Club in Portugal, for owners and enthusiasts who may have also experienced the same situation you're finding yourself in right now, so they might also help and point you in the right direction:

https://portugal.mercedes-benz-clubs.com/

I wish you the very best Lee, and please let us know if there's anything we can do.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

MDEL likes this.
  5. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Nuno: that is a terrific response. lots of information that will prove helpful. Thank you.
    Lee

6. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz

Importmycar looks and has a reputation of a serious company ... Any how such services cost normaly 200 € can be performed by a reputated Mercedes experienced mechanic.

Unfortunatly ins Lisbon I do not Know any...

7. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    Importmycar looks and has a reputation of a serious company ... Any how such services cost normaly 200 € can be performed by a reputated Mercedes experienced mechanic.

Unfortunatly ins Lisbon I do not Know any...