2018 Brazil Interlagos; Pre-Race News | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2018 Brazil Interlagos; Pre-Race News

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Omg..just imagine those Gary Glitter types on the track before the race :eek:

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Back to Brazil. Time for some Brazilian music by six Brazilians.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

G. Pepper likes this.
  3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I've loved that song since it first came out in 1966. We were living in Panama and it was on the radio all the time that year. Here's Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66 (Yes, Brasil with an s instead of a z):

Flavio_C likes this.
  4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Liberty did get rid of Grid Girls and replaced them with Grid Kids :eek:

A lot of the westerners there moved there for a better life style at a lower cost of living. I know a few that Retired early that live there and they are able to live the beach lifestyle at a fraction of the cost that it would cost here in the US.. I want to hit the Singapore GP and have been invited to spend a few weeks in the area with my friends there.

They warned me "once you visit you will not want to go back"

daytona355 likes this.
  5. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    This one?

https://www.belladasemana.com.br/en

NEP likes this.
  6. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Bossa Nova (Jazz + samba) was the last good music from Brazil, nowadays almost everything is crap.

G. Pepper likes this.
  7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Good luck to you then!

Until recently my daughter worked for a relief agengy (NGO) and was posted successively in Thailand, Kampuchéa and Laos.
    Her account of life there for many locals is less idyllic than yours. Vietnam cannot be that different, I think.
    I suspect it's OK if you are rich and can ignore poverty everywhere around you.
    Singapore, however is a rich country, so you shouldn't have problem there, or in Malaysia.

8. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Nembo1777 likes this.
  9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Love it, ownership of a ferrari is the epitome of capitalism, yet here on a site that rejoices ferrari there are some old leftists plying their trade! I never ever went to another country and gave a damn about how the locals lived, good or bad. I concentrated on enjoying myself. If they are poor, then they are less poor as a result of tourism than if we all boycotted their country in case the poor people are visible to ruin our day! If this is too anti pc, feel free to delete it of course

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

NEP and beast like this.
  10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    When I go to a different country I make it a point that I blend in with the locals vs "be the obnoxious American" that all the locals want to crush in there skull. The fact of the mater is when traveling if you want to be respected return the favor. I was on a trip to St, Marteen when a French lady asked me to help her untie her bikini top, within 30 seconds I was getting yelled at by a US couple telling me that I was disgusting doing that in public. I just blew off the the American *******s proceeded to get to know the French lady better and had a very nice enjoyable dinner and evening with her.

The fact of the matter if the Westerners did not decide to live in SE Asia there quality of life would be much worse than what it currently is. The fact of the matter is without tourist we would not have an F1 race here in the US. I met at several USGP's come to the US enjoy the race then go off for a week in NYC or Vegas. The local economies earn millions each year from a race. For myself Canada, Mexico, Spain and Germany have all had there hand in my wallet from hotels, meals, souvenirs, Etc. Canada also lightened my bank account to the sum of 370 Cad$ for a "Good driving award" after the 06 GP o_O

A GP in Vietnam will only help the local economy with improvement to the roads, new hotels, restaurants Etc. Will some of the locals hate the race? Sure but a lot more will welcome it with open arms as well as the fans that come to visit.

375+, Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  11. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    #62 Nortonious, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    I dont know about everyone else, but looking forward to Friday. Is it time to start the thread titled:

FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2018: PRACTICE 1/2/3

12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    As every major event people might visit and leave money, that far it is true... But when cosidering what the goverment has to invest to make it happens questions whether this money could not be spend better to push the economy. When the race costs more per tax payer than it brings in return for the economy it does not make any sense.
    At every major event, be it olympics, world championship or whatever there was a loss at the end.
    And if Vietnam invests in building a race track to match the FIA requirements, how many races would be necessary to break even? With that many names around for possible new venues and a limited amount of races per year it is very unlikely that a possible Vietnam GP would be a long therm thing, most likely a few races before a new "market" is targeted....

13. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Peter you have a lot of valid points but honestly I have a feeling that Liberty is looking to find more tracks that are willing to host an F1 race. If we look at how many tracks that held a race but no longer have one there are more tracks than available races. I have a feeling that Liberty in there grand vision is to change up the schedule where the USGP might be in Austin 1 year on Miami another, NYC or Vegas another same with other parts of the world Baku one year Turkey another possibly Ukraine hosting a race..Lets face it Europe has quite the strangle hold on the race calendar with Spain, Monaco, France, UK, Germany, Italy, Belgium that is 33% of the races.

By having a "Lottery" schedule the teams are going to have to add more flexibility in there future car designs. With the current schedule teams now can now just compromise to get the best at most of the tracks. If the teams don't know where they are racing at until the release of a schedule 12 weeks prior to the first race, the team that did a poor job designing there car is going to have a bad season. Just Picture Mercedes going from champion to back of the pack in 1 season would be classic and make more fans come back to the sport.

14. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Someone call the Pope, heaven must be missing an angel

kraftwerk and Terra like this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    The problem is that I do not think anybody knows what Liberty wants on long therm.... when Bernie was running the show I would have said he tries to get more potential race tracks to put pressure on the existing ones. Bernie always went to the organizers and told them that their race might be in question, as far as I remember the last example being Monza. But after having a better stand for negotiations he still looked what is best, not only for the next year but the years to follow because he knew he was still running the show then.
    With Liberty I am not sure in what time frames they think....

16. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Don't forget the sponsor.

FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO HEINEKEN DO BRASIL 2018

Jeronimo GTO and Nortonious like this.
  17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Aww, that’s so sweet of you to say.... I have other tips on how to win friends and influence people if you’d like some!

kes7u, 635CSI, JL350 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    375+, Jeronimo GTO and G. Pepper like this.
  19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yep, come on over the waters warm and the locals friendly.;)

NEP likes this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    You are so effing suave.

Jeronimo GTO and Nortonious like this.
  21. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    In all my travels I've found that it's rarely the "obnoxious American" sticking out, causing problems, or being insufferably rude... or at the very least... we have quite a bit of competition in that regard.

22. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    F2003-GA, G. Pepper and 375+ like this.
  23. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Even though the WDC is over with I'm still excited to see the remaining 2 gp's - Forza Ferrari

stavura, Nortonious and vinuneuro like this.
  24. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Well.....who IS the 'competition'?