2018 Maserati Granturismo | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2018 Maserati Granturismo

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Griffon83, Jun 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    redcaruser likes this.
  2. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
  3. iericks

iericks Rookie

Jan 19, 2011
    Elk Grove

OMG!!!! That looks f*(^ing SWEET!!!

4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Very nice. Looking forward to pics post-arrival.

5. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Love that. Looks gorgeous in black.

6. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Yesterday was delivery time, once again a perfect hand over from my dealer.

My joy is huge, the new Masi meets all my expectations! I am very happy and proud to have bought one of the last Granturismo.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I handed over the "old one" with more than 140 thousand kilometers. A faithful companion, a perfect, solid and reliable car with which I had absolutely no problems.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MK1044, Nembo1777, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
  8. P.C. THIO

P.C. THIO Rookie

Jan 20, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Percy
    Beautifull! Looks very cool in this combination!

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m considering buying GT Sport for the girlfriend. I really think it’s an elegant, beautiful car. Seems like owner reliability has been great. How does the car behave in the rain/snow? Is the gearbox really that bad?

10. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I was looking for a long time too and finally had the wife try a few cars. I was for the GT MC. I got disapointed by the test drive. the car was beautiful and sounded great but it ended there. The Gearbox is indeed quite slow as a true automatic. I actually found it annoying.The performances could get some help too.
    I had her drive a GT and another car like the Cayman with PDK transmission. She turned down the GT and agreed on the cayman. Lighter, smaller, quicker, cheaper to maintain and a wonderful shift.
    Now it all depends who will drive and what she is looking for. Typically, women dont like driving big cars. If she does not care about a lot of fun driving and rather just stick to long relaxed fast weekend drive the GT will do fine. But if the driver want a lot of fun for the same price and versatility, I'll look into Porsche or Audi R8.
    Of course for a 4 seaters, that is pretty much all ther is beisde the Panamera and more expensive Rapide.

11. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I do not like the robotised manual gearbox in the MC. I know how this gearbox does work in the Ferrari Scuderia (F1-SuperFast2), the hyper slow version in the Maserati is annoying, for me a no go. The "normal" ZF six-speed automatic gearbox in the GT Sport is fine, absolut nothing to complain. This gearbox underlines much better the GT character of the car.

During the winter months I use a second set of 20" MC-design wheels with Pirelli winter tires. With its well-balanced weight distribution the car is very easy to drive in snow, there is enough weight on the rear axle.

Jo Sta7 and Dave rocks like this.
  12. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    #87 Bluebottle, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    I'll second that. I, too, opted for the ZF auto and it works very well. Far more suitable to real world driving than the robotised manual. Great car, (albeit a little on the corpulent side), proper 4-seater and one of the best looking cars of its era. And you don't see them on every street corner like you do with Caymans.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004

It's great looking, but worth maybe half that price. Love it--but it's punching way above its weight at that price.

Robb likes this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The one I am looking at for her is about $80k. Also looking at a Lexus LC500, but she wants a G Wagon :/ and I’m doing my best to come up with interesting ideas to dissuade her.

15. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    That's women for you!:D

Jo Sta7 likes this.