Inland empire ceramic coat? | FerrariChat

Inland empire ceramic coat?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Dseig001, Oct 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Hey guys,

Any recs on a ceramic coating for a car in the IE? I just picked up a new car that happens to be Nero and I think a ceramic coating would be helpful.

Thanks!

2. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    Even though they aren't located in IE they can come to you or transport the car to their shop. Contact D'elegance Detailing 619-718-0031 ask for Roger. Tell him I sent you. They do the very best work for fair pricing. They are also certified for most of the major professional brands of coatings. I also agree a ceramic coating will be very helpful! Contact them for a free consultation.

evo+supra likes this.
  3. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
    IE is quite large. There is a shop in rancho cucamonga and another in san dimas i recommend.

4. evo+supra

evo+supra Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2010
    I reside in both norcal and north of LA and I still prefer D'elegance Detailing. They are the best.

5. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    I’m in Riverside, but a drive for a good detail is worth it.

6. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    don't over think it. ceramic coating is relatively new. a ton of detailers really really overcharges. it is just a hardened wax. not any trickier to apply than plain old wax. 95% of the steps are the same whether you wax or ceramic coating it. wash, clay, strip wax, polish are all the same. till the last step of ceramic coating, which don't take long, and is relatively easy.

TTR likes this.
  7. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    Yes it definitely is! I highly recommend contacting them to set up an appointment.
    Not sure where you heard that, but that is not correct. Ceramic coatings are nothing like waxes. Waxes are typically carnuaba based and ceramic coatings are silica based. The process for installation and curing is a lot different as well. Also no wax offers a warranty whereas most professional brands offer a legit manufacture warranty. Now in recent times some waxes are starting to come with infused ceramified sealants so it is a hybrid formula.

Furthermore, while the prep work is a lot of the same waxes also contain a lot of fillers so it hides a lot of the scratches whereas ceramic coatings do not contain any fillers. Also you forgot the particle dissolver application which decontaminates what the clay doesn't get.

As for the length of install for ceramic coatings if you are referring to amateur coatings yes the install is relatively not too difficult. But they do not last or get a warranty like the pro grade coatings do. The pro grade coatings require a more in depth install/cure process which is why installers typically go through accredited training and certification. I learned a lot over the years and everything I learned was with personal experience or from detailers. Ceramic coatings I believe have been around since 2008. So 10 years is a decent length and it is longer than what most people keep their cars. Pricing can range drastically. Pricing can typically range from 300 to a few thousand depending on the amount of prep work needed and the level of coating you want.

8. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I would also be interested in finding a good detailer in IE. Maybe we can get a group together to get a discount?

9. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    That would be a really good idea. I know he travels all over the world to service collections of vehicles. You could put a group together and could travel to you to take care of them at a discounted rate.

PKIM likes this.
  10. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    CNC has done a fair amount of work on my 430, so I called them about the detail/ceramic coat, and the quotes aren’t bad.

Casey at CNC has always taken good care of my cars, what do you guys think?

11. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    I do not know cause I have not gotten work done there. But I would ask Casey what kind of ceramic coating does he install and what his process is. I can relay it and see if it sounds right before you make any commitment. Just want to make sure you are making an informed decision is all. Either way I wish you the very best.

12. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
    100S of detailers will offer you ceramic coating. Very few will give you a true paint correction. I would bet nearly all cars if not clear bra right off the lot need some sort of paint correction. To do it right you need to correct the paint then apply ceramic. Not a whole lot of science to applying ceramic coating, but if you want the car right you need to correct the paint and that needs to be with a trusted experienced detailer.

cls and Prancinghorse619 like this.
  13. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    This is true! However, I was told that many people who claim they are detailers are not. My detailer calls them car care enthusiasts. Very few real detailers out there. My guy is badass and after going through some headaches in the past with other detailers I will never go anywhere else. Or I will only go to his recommendation if I am not in town because he has a map of certified detailers that he has either trained or can verify they are legit.

14. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
    You are very correct, I have friends that i would let apply ceramic coat to my car but i wouldnt let them correct it. Usually more damage than good.

Prancinghorse619 likes this.
  15. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Do you guys have a paint correction guy? I’d love one!

16. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    Yes my guy is a master at paint correction. IMHO the best. Just do yourself a favor and contact him for a free consultation. You will learn far more from a 20min phone call with him than you will with spending all your time on this forum asking us lol.

17. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Decided to go to him.

Dude’s awesome. He’s got the Maser for a week for a full correction and a proper self-healing ceramic coat

18. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    You got the self heal coating?! You chose wisely! I pretty much get that on everything now. After I saw what it could do I was sold! A few of my cars I got done before that was available. But I am contemplating on having it done to them too. You will love that stuff!

19. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Roger. Is. Awesome. My car sat on the lot and had some serious paint correction that needed to be done - it’s as if it was rolling out of the factory today! USE THIS GUY :)

20. ShadowF430

ShadowF430 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login There a guy I use near the OC in brea. Like others have said, he is very detailed. His name is sean. I had a 2 inch gash in the r8 driver door. He made it look like a quarter inch. Other detailers know him god his work. He built a detail room in the Brea Mall. Sounds funny but legit

21. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    Can't wait till I bring my next F car into him. Thinking of getting a Boxer. Right when I get the car it is getting hauled directly to him.

22. theocracer

theocracer Rookie

Mar 18, 2016
    Upland Ca.
    Full Name:
    RockBottom
    Detail 2 U in Rancho Cucamonga
    they did 2 different Ferrari's for me..great work