Canada 85 Mondial up on eBay | FerrariChat

Canada 85 Mondial up on eBay

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Doogie, Oct 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doogie

Doogie Rookie

Nov 19, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Douglas Menkhaus
    Hi Guys, hope all is well. I'm looking at the 85 QV Mondial up on eBay right now, ends tonight.

? Any thoughts? Wish he posted more pics, and the ones he did post are non-enlargeable :-(
    ? How hard is it to transfer a title from Canada to US (Ohio). Anyone done similiar thing?
    ? Seller says full payment within 3 days. That seem reasonable? I would go get it next weekend, but that's 5-6 days from now. Use PayPal to send it to be covered? Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263996735385

Thanks!

Doogie

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Looks to be in pretty good condition, interior looks great. Engine bay a bit tired, probably needs various hoses replaced and such, but these mechanical things can be dealt with much more easily than the cosmetics. Has the metric wheels, probably old tires that will need renewal. Looks like it was originally a US spec model, so the main issue of emmissions whould be ok. Since it appears to have the original books and records, the original dealer should be noted in the owners manual, if it had been imported to the US originally tthat would probably help simplify things.

3. Doogie

Doogie Rookie

Nov 19, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Douglas Menkhaus
    Thanks. O bought the carfax from Ebay. It show as originally being in FL. But in 1995 it had 56000 miles, and has saying it has less than that now? Or maybe its 148000?

I've asked him two questions and he hasn't responded. Hmm. Should I or shouldn't i....??

4. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I think this car is on it's second go round on ebay. I think price was pretty good the first time. Something is keeping people away. As Elmer Fudd would say be vewy vewy careful. Someone wants your money.

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    mileage discrepancies on carfax are pretty common, lazy dmv clerks or just simple transpositions. its also easy to follow the mileage log and see when something goes out of whack unless the last input on the carfax was that 56000

6. Freerange72

Freerange72 Karting

May 22, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Donnie
    Doug, did you bite on the the car?

7. bigdreamer

bigdreamer Karting

Jan 24, 2005
    Wash. DC area
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    I thought it was a good buy at $20k. Market seem to be correcting on certain Ferraris and Porsches.

8. Doogie

Doogie Rookie

Nov 19, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Douglas Menkhaus
    I Did not. Something about it made me think "Buyer Beware"

Now I think maybe I should have.. $20K would have been a good deal if it was a legit car... still not thinking it was though. Seller was cryptic with his responses.
    Low and behold it's relisted for Over $38K.. but then the listed disappeared... Think I'll stay away from this one...