mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 53 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Are these cars to scale, ie is the Vette the shortest? That would be exceptional.

I like those side scoops, it’s the F22 look. The 2k version of the late 59’s jet fighter style.

What’s missing to my eyes is the sharply falling away front “hood” something that me cars can do which gives them an arrow sleekness. To me based on the pics we’ve seen so far the front is bulbous.

It will be very interesting to see the prod version and to see it in the flesh. Will we be pleasantly surprised or as expected or disappointed.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My guess is the Vette will be the biggest because they will want to keep the golf bags and room for 6'4 300+ lb retirees in their target market.

My guess is they will stick with their 3 trim levels: 1) basic no frills vinyl interior to keep the MSRP low 2) some frills with leather seats which will be the most popular 3) full of frills with all leather interior which will be the most expensive.

3. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Corvettes haven't had vinyl seats in any trim level in 35 years.

4. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Your innate bias against Corvettes is showing again. I can't remember the last time a spotted a 300+ lb owner getting out of a Corvette. Give it a rest already.

Jo Sta7 and jm2 like this.
  5. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I'm sure there was a bit of hyperbole in that post, but I have seen plenty of rather hefty Vette owners. Of course, that's not limited to Vette owners, I've seen plenty of fat Porsche, Lambo, and Ferrari owners too.

6. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yeah, I get it. And you are correct-plenty of big folks in cars. Singling out Corvette is just a cheap shot these days. Team Corvette has been building very good sports cars for many years now, their race team has been beating up on the Europeans for decades and there are plenty of them at various track events being driven by a wide variety of owners. The days of the "Wrap your Ass in Fiberglass", smog motored C3s are long gone.

flat_plane_eddie and jm2 like this.
  7. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^^
    I agree.
    Stereotyping gets old.

8. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    This guy was unfortunately 37# over the limit! :D

ForzaV12 likes this.
  9. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    It's no different from saying Ferrari's "target" audience are ego driven rich kids who don't use their cars properly.

10. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Come on, we all know that's not true. Ferrari's target audience is ego driven old wealthy guys who don't use their cars properly. :D

jimmyb and Jo Sta7 like this.
  11. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^^
    Are they fat?
    You know Corvette owners are....

12. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Yes, I would say the majority are overweight.

jimmyb likes this.
  13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You don’t read the Corvette forum. Many people are concerned about this.

It’s not me. It’s actual owners. And Chevy knows it’s demo way more than you and me.

I can’t tell you how many people get rid of their sports cars because they don’t fit or can’t get in and out of them anymore.

The average age of any of these is way higher than your typical car buyer.

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I did not single out the Vette. But some cars like the Lotus, Alfa 4c, and Miata don’t worry about these issues. That’s my point.

And I think the idea of designing a sports car to fit golf clubs is just ridiculous. But they do it.

To get 35,000 people a year to buy one you need to keep every possible owner happy. For that, there have to be consequences

It’s the compromises that makes cars bigger and cushier.

Ak Jim likes this.
  15. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Uh...actually you did single out the Corvette (and it's owners).

16. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Corvette Forum????
    There are posts there right NOW wondering if the C8 is going to have ROUND TAIL LIGHTS (some are NEVER going to get over THAT)
    There are posts there right NOW saying the BASE C8 is going to be $90K
    ETC....

I'm not sure Corvette Forum is the end all/be all (and I've been a member since 2005) for info. I love the place but it is a "glass half empty" forum in many ways.

rdefabri and jm2 like this.
  17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #1317 TheMayor, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Everyone misunderstood what I was saying. My fault but it was not singling out them. What I was saying is the demographic for the C8 means Chevy is going to cast a very wide age, height and weight requirements to get 30K cars sold a year. That means, it's going to be bigger and heavier to fit all these type. AND, its our same complaint we have of cars made by Ferrari since the late 90's. Put a 308 next to a 488. The 488 looks huge -- but the engine size is only 800 CC more.

Cars keep getting bigger and bigger. Part of it is safety and part is it that marketing people demand the not to cut out segments of the market.

And don't give this BS that there aren't 6'4" 300 lb men that "are fat". 6'4 and 300 is probably pretty typical at that height and 45+ years of age. If anyone is using cliches, its you guys.

I know a lot of big men who just won't drive 2 seat sports cars because the cars are too small for them.

If you think this C8 is going to attract 25 year olds, forget it. Most of it will be the same demo, age, same disposable income and same net worth as the past. Chevy knows exactly who its customers are and will design to fit as many of them as possible. That requirement was set on Day One of giving this project a green light. You design around what human factors percentile you can live with, not the other way around.

18. racer959

racer959 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    NJ
    WTF does FAT got to do with any car. Grow a BRAIN.

19. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Can’t. Too busy getting fat so I can buy a Vette.

And, btw, before you tell anyone else to grow a brain, you should learn some grammar.

anunakki and rdefabri like this.
  20. racer959

racer959 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    NJ
    WTF does being FAT have to do with any car? Grow a brain.
    Is this grammatically correct enough for you Mr. English Teacher?

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ask The Stig’s American cousin. :)

22. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Well, if you’re going to take a shot at someone’s intelligence, it helps if you don’t sound illiterate.

anunakki likes this.
  23. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Yeah, sounds like a 2 year old z06 with a larger blower and 800 hp will walk anything including a 720s. So, corvettes can run with anything. The ME will cause a lot of confusion in the space and create a great opportunity to pick up a cheap FE model

24. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Take it easy guys, for a minute there I thought I was on the Corvette Forum. :D

of2worlds, jimmyb and rdefabri like this.
  25. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^^^^
    Amen.
    Sadly, the motto there is often "Ready, Fire, Aim"