The Purosangue Thread | Page 20 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Above reminds me of Nissan Juke.

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Haha.. too funny. Saw a Lambo Urus today, its nice, sounds good on startup and revs. Looks very Lambo, think they will sell a ton of them.

3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I know you guys will think I'm nuts, but pictures don't really represent the Infinity QX30 well.
    I was in our Cayenne when one of these pulled up at the light, and from the rear 3/4 view it made the Cayenne look frumpy.
    I can now imagine taking that crossover concept through a thorough Italian design remake:more curves, wider, lower and come up with a very interesting looking FUV.
    I've been very resistant to the idea but now coming around to seeing how it could work with 4 doors, a little more room in back, a little more height for egress/ingress, and cargo space with folding rear seats adding to it.
    It won't be an SUV as many of Mario's hilarious renditions suggest, but rather a very sporty crossover.

rssf, MDEL and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  5. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    Wow!
    With the suicide doors and all. This is the first reasonable concept I have seen.

Thank you so much!

MDEL likes this.
  6. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    KenU and G. Pepper like this.
  7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    deltona likes this.
  8. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
  9. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    is that not just a crossover lusso?

10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you for letting us know that.

red passion likes this.
  11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  12. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I thought that looked familiar.

13. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  14. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Mine arrives in a few weeks. I can't wait. It's an absolute beast...651HP and I felt like I was in a Huracan with room when driving it. The tech inside (Audi) is best in the biz.

15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    According to Louis Camillery (new Ferrari CEO) and Flavio Manzoni (Ferrari design chief) the new vehicle will have features that “have never been seen before “and “it will be unique in many ways”. Some car gurus have already said that it will be an SUV that isn’t an SUV or perhaps an CUV that isn’t an CUV so what will it be the new FUV? Will it be a completely revolutionary vehicle that doesn’t fit in any of the existing definitions of an SUV or a Crossover (CUV) ? Let’s give to Ferrari the benefit of the doubt and that way we have four years more to speculate about the subject.

G. Pepper likes this.
  16. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The new FUV probably will be an SUV or an CUV coupé but in order to differentiate itself from the existing GTC4 lusso hatchback apart from a new design it will have to have other features as: Four doors and more internal space in the rear seats, a larger boot space and an engine and all the systems that will enable it to out perform the competitors.
    Ferrari has announced that the new FUV will be launched around 2022 and will be a hybrid that will drive like a Ferrari. The vehicle also intends to be by then the fastest SUV/CUV available in the market. Engine wise Ferrari has plenty of options but the overall task won’t be easy because there is a fierce competition in this segment with other cars that have made recently big technological progresses and solved one of the SUV’s Achilles hell which is roll while curving. If we look at the Bentley Bentayga or the Lamborghini Urus both have innovative active roll stability control systems that keep these heavy cars almost flat with the horizon while curving on the road and off-road negating that way the higher center of gravity. Ferrari is certainly evaluating this innovative technology that when combined with the rear wheels turning in four years time may be will be able to make the road performance of an SUV identical to a today’s GT’s or even a Sports cars.

17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i just dont get it. the urus looks like crap - total mockery of whatLamborghini has built over the years. All SUVS are ugly to border line ok looking with the exception of the full size RR which looks natural. Please ferrari dont commit this sin. In the name of capitalism it isnt worth it!

otakki likes this.
  18. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Four years from now is a long time. They will be late to the party and technology will only continue for all manufactures. Lambo is currently fastest and I'm sure will continue to make sure that title sticks. Will go back and forth with others I'm sure, but with 4 years of lead time over Ferrari and the VW mother ship to pull from, Lambo will continue to be on the top of it's game.

Will be interesting to see what Ferrari eventually comes up with SUV wise, but four years is an eternity in todays fast moving market. PS - Urus has rear wheel turning today, not innovative anymore. Creating a sports car in an SUV is here today...no need to wait or 'evaluate'.

19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  20. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Getting closer..but by God it shouldn't have shields.

perrinnation likes this.
  21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    italiafan likes this.
  22. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    #497 G. Pepper, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Now fix those unsightly rear doors. :)

No matter how many times I repeat that the rear doors will be hidden, the mockups still have them visible.

23. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    This is going to be the ultimate show -off SUV in the world's most ritzy neighborhoods. It's gotta have shields and cavallinos aplenty. Sadly.
    T

MDEL likes this.
  24. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    And like it or not, shields make the cars easier to sell used. I don't really care with V8's, but V12's must have shields or I'm not interested.

25. Data

Data Karting

Dec 11, 2007
    Those renders are absolutely pointless.

stavura and Lukeylikey like this.