Alfa Romeo NEWS 2017-2020 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo NEWS 2017-2020

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by F1tommy, Oct 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    A stretched 4C even, with a flavour of the Zender bodykit.

But I like the overall look. Looks better than a 488 GTB.

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    And a 4C rear.... but I like it! I’d be likely to get one!

SV

3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I can also see P4/5s headlights!

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    There are rumors of the next generation Jeep Grand Cherokee being based off the Stelvio platform.

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    "Rumors about the launch of a big SUV of Alfa Romeo are somewhat more stubborn lately. One speaks about a presentation at the end of next year. However, FCA has not yet officially published where and when production will start. We already know since last year that the big SUV will be the next model in Alfa Romeo's search for larger sales volumes, especially the American and Chinese market. Rumors that just a compact C-segment SUV will debut first (Rombo?) or a coupé (GTV?), are now no longer current. It is still suggested that, in the same period, a rather thorough facelift of the Giulietta, especially for the European market, will see life. The big SUV would then appear at the beginning of 2020 on the market. This is on an extended version of the Girorgio platform and can accommodate up to 7 people."

https://www.autoedizione.nl/presenteert-alfa-romeo-eind-2019-een-grote-suv/

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    As a new convert, I've come to a conclusion: Alfa could make the Best Sportscar In The World with stuff it already has on the line: stretch the 2,500lb 4C chassis 6-8 inches, add the 505hp V6TT Quadrifoglio engine and transmissions (esp the euro manual). Charge $99k (base Carrera price).

The Giulia runs mid 3s at 3,800lbs... At 2,800lbs it would be like a rail gun.

Makuono and NEP like this.
  7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    agreed but lotus makes just such a car and it sells like ice to eskimos. no frills sports car market is great to imagine but no one ever buys them

jimmyb, Mrpbody44 and ryalex like this.
  8. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah BUT... :D... if it had Alfa styling, switchgear and this rip-snorting engine it would be a different league. I haven't tried their FI Toyota engine but I don't believe it is as immediate and lively as this one is in Race. Coming up on 2k miles and I'm still getting comfortable with Race, which is basically 'instant drift' mode.

NEP and 95spiderman like this.
  9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    WTCR Race 1 Flash: First win for Ceccon and Team Mulsanne Alfa Romeo

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Kevin Ceccon scored a first sensational victory in the WTCR _ FIA World Touring Car Cup presented by OSCARO in Japan.

Eurosport Player: Watch this event live

Watch on Eurosport

Ceccon had to survive two safety car restarts in order to take Race 1 at WTCR JVCKENWOOD Race of Japan at Suzuka.

The win is the first victory for Team Mulsanne’s Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR, meaning all seven of WTCR OSCARO’s customer racing brands have won races in 2018.

Ceccon is the 14th different driver to win in this action-packed season.
    Before the race, fellow driver and tour leader Gabriele Tarquini said that he knew Ceccon would have what it takes to be successful in the WTCR – FIA World Touring Car Cup.

Tarquini said: “I know him since five years ago and at one point I think I push him to try [touring] cars. He’s one of the big talents of Italy – he was a good single-seater driver but he’s very good also in [touring] cars.”

Ceccon celebrated his win by saying: "I had a good, fair fight with Comte and was able to take the lead, then there were so many safety cars!

"It’s an amazing weekend for me, for the team and for Alfa Romeo. We just have to keep going tomorrow. I start in P10 in Race 2, then in Race 3 I’ll try and do this again from pole position.”

F1tommy and MalcQV like this.
  10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #162 F1tommy, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    "Alfa Romeo grows but has to make a real wow according to the new CEO. Next year, when there is only an update in the form of renewed interiors and perhaps also some motor news(350 hp 4C Giulia motor). The goal of 400,000 units on an annual basis will have to wait until after 2020. The introduction of five new models up to 2022 should contribute to this. At the end of this month, during consultation with the FCA management plans for which models will debut first will be decided. Manley did not want to announce yet."

The sale of Magneti Marelli should help!!!

https://www.autoedizione.nl/manley-opnieuw-zelfverzekerd-over-zelfstandig-fca/

NEP likes this.
  11. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    https://www.autoedizione.nl/groen-licht-voor-opvolger-alfa-romeo-8c/

"The Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione Gets an extremely exotic successor. We already knew that thanks to the investment plan that was presented by Sergio Marchionne last spring, but Alfa-boss Tim Kuniskis appointed it again recently. This may indicate an intake of the project that will not go on overnight and aims to position a brand like Alfa Romeo without IFS and Maren globally as a benchmark of highly sporty and technically high-quality automobiles. Exactly where the brand has already made a furore in a distant past.
    There is no timetable proclaimed by Kuniskis, but that is not very important in a project like this. It seems that Alfa Romeo wants to make a statement again after 8C and 4c and that the next project also wants to underline the technique of the future, or the power of electric motors.

We talked to AutoEdizione before about a series of sports cars that will eventually be developed on Modenese soil. Meanwhile, the old Maserati factory in the Emilian city has already been quite reassured about the actual start of this exclusive production. Presumably it is about cars with centre motor that, except for Alfa Romeo, are also an ideal base for a new Maserati. Some even talk about an entry-level Ferrari with a block behind the seats that could function as a reincarnation of the Dino. All this is a limited production, with all its own characteristics and a distinctive DNA. Completely electric versions with this basis may also lie ahead. The new Alfa 8C is, as we have already told you, perhaps even the focal point for a new step in the return to motorsport."

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    great looking render but where does it fit in the greater scheme of fiat? does this compete with the 911? 4c doesnt do well compared to cayman/boxster. i do hope it comes to fruition

13. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I think most everyone knows that I am a huge fan of both the 4C and Evora 400, but the spiderman is right there is a very small market for car like that. It is great to say you want a no frills sports car, until you have to live with it. I sold my 4C because I was unable to turn the steering wheel certain days (I found a solution for that and am looking for another one), so I thought the car should go to someone who could use more often than I could. The Evora 400, I had other cars that served the same purpose, but I have nothing but good things to say about them both. The thing is I have a lot of other cars, so I don't have to have certain comforts in all of them. If you look at posts or this and other forums, you will find a lot of them are about infotainment systems, seats, and various features and comfort related issues, and complaints. The 4C is in my opinion a better car than the 360, and with about 5K in modifications a better car than the 430 as well, but it is an Alfa and to many it does not have the cache or brand recognition of a Porsche or a Ferrari. I have mentioned it many times on here to those looking at 360's to check out the 4C, because it is a better car and you can buy one with a warranty. I doubt many take my advise because it does not have a prancing horse on it. If there is one thing I have learned from all my years it is that for many people buying a sports car is not about getting the best car, it is about the image that car portrays. A shame really, but it is same reason someone will buy a 15 year Ferrari when they could buy a NSX at the same price. And why the sold 28 NSX's last year.

greg328, Mrpbody44 and Dragster like this.
  14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #166 TheMayor, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Everyone forgets the real purpose of the 4c -- to make a "statement" about what Alfa Romeo stands for. Uncompromising in wanting to be unique, sporty, beautiful, purposeful, FUN.

It was never to sell a lot of cars. It was a PR stunt that probably lost them a ton of money each on but was way cheaper than TV advertising to change the brand image around in the USA. And it got Fiat dealers excited about something again.

On that level, it's been widely successful. I have never had anyone say anything but admirable things about the car in person. It gets more respect than some F cars.

I personally don't care how many they sold. The fact that someone in the car industry could green light such a wild concept today is the most remarkable thing of all. We will never see such a raw, innovative yet affordable sportscar again -- and that's a pity.

The 4c closes out the age where car personalities mattered. From now on, its all computerized and homogenized. Get into a car from now on, close your eyes, and then try to figure out who made it because they all look, feel, and act the same.

The 4c reminds us how cars used to be made -- and its sales suffered for having the audacity to be so unique.

15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    "As far as the Italian brands are concerned, Manley emphasize that under his regime the Maserati and Alfa Romeo brands will be pulled apart again for the reasons of the technical aspects. According to the CEO, it is already noticeable that this is better for both labels. Lancia remains an Italian affair according to Manley. As a ' partner brand ', Chrysler has more global prominence thanks to MPVs as the Pacifica. Manley seems to be doing almost a push over a possible future interpretation of both brands. Fiat remains very important internationally thanks to the 500. Despite a drastic decline in the US market last year (-50%), the Turin brand will not disappear from this market."

https://www.autoedizione.nl/mike-manley-spreekt-over-zijn-eerste-6-maanden-als-ceo-van-fca/

16. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    "Sauber and Alfa Romeo to Keep Fighting for Ambitious Results as Alfa Romeo Racing
    February 1, 2019 , Turin, Italy - The 2019 Formula One World Championship will see two of the most historical brands in motorsport – Sauber and Alfa Romeo – return to circuits across the globe with 2007 World Champion Kimi Räikkönen and the young Italian Antonio Giovinazzi driving for Alfa Romeo Racing, formerly referred to as the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team.

Just one year after it was founded on June 24, 1910, Alfa Romeo made its debut in an official competition, winning the first Regularity Race in Modena. Since then, its sporting legend has been a string of victories and top-three finishes in many international championships, including Formula One. In 2019, the cars of Alfa Romeo Racing will sport the time-honored four-leaf clover emblem that since 1923 has identified the fastest Alfa Romeo models.

The long-term partnership between Sauber and Title Sponsor Alfa Romeo was initiated in 2018. Over the past year, the Team made continuous progress and finished the championship in eighth place. The term of the collaboration has been further extended, with the ownership and management of Sauber remaining unchanged and independent. As Alfa Romeo Racing, the goal continues to be the achievement of ambitious results at the pinnacle of motorsport."

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?fbclid=IwAR0rfnuai7hPmtN6cuTK-12bO0XylVWKoQsEErxlkW7fBMalAyjIVj-6pII&id=20575&mid=1

17. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Geez this is becoming like WRC where three companies field all of the teams.

18. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    All the rumors about a "new" Ferrari Dino with a 6C motor make me wonder if it will share alot of components with the new Alfa 8C(6C)?? The composite chassis is said to be very similar to the 4C on the Dino, although lengthened to fit a larger 6C motor. Should be interesting to watch how this all turns out.

Very sad to hear the hybrid 350hp Giulia may have been shelved. Could be due to limited funds at FCA.

19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

FCA's truck and Jeep business is doing great. Fiat... not so much.

20. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Makes sense for Ferrari to do a V6TT or hybrid V6 or both under a "volume" name plate as I understand it will need to comply with CAFE standards once output exceeds 10,000 cars a year. Has one motor today in the QV and I'm sure it can get a 50HP or more boost to "justify" a healthy premium. 4C chassis makes sense if they can get the production process down to make it economically.

While I don't think we have a reason to think the CF tub won't do other than age well, one of the things that attracted to me to the 4C was the inherent strength of the tub and integrated roll hoop so that in the event of a "big one" the chances of survival are higher than in an aluminum monocoque. Any one ever seen any crash or crush math on the tub?

Philip

21. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
  22. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I went to the Alfa museum outside Milan over the weekend and what a back catalogue Alfa has! I can't for the life of me understand why FCA doesn't put some more focus on the brand.

Makuono likes this.
  23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    They suck at marketing themselves. Really. I dont know if it's lack of funds or incompetence.