For Sale - 1988 Porsche 930 Convertible. Red/Black. 70k miles. $120k | FerrariChat

For Sale 1988 Porsche 930 Convertible. Red/Black. 70k miles. $120k

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by LAracer, Oct 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAracer

LAracer Karting

Jan 4, 2008
    Northern NM
    Full Name:
    Phil
    This is a 1988 Porsche 930 Turbo convertible in Guards Red with black interior. It’s a 4-speed and has just under 70k miles. It has had a recent engine-out service (at Performance Motor Car Investments in Corrales, NM) to correct an oil leak. The only known issue is the AC compressor pulley. I believe this is an easy fix. The car drives beautifully, the engine pulls hard, it sounds fantastic, and it smells just the way you imagine it will.

Cosmetically, it’s in excellent original condition. Not quite concours quality, but you’d be proud to show this car at your local car show or cars&coffee. It turns a lot of heads. The paint could use some polish, but as far as I know it is original.

The car was owned by a good friend of mine who intended to turn it into a museum-quality car. However, he became sick and wasn’t able to complete his dream. I'm helping his wife sell it.

Asking price is $120k. For the miles, this is more than most of the coupes for sale, but it seems like convertibles are quite rare, and so pricing is tricky. The owner is open to serious offers.

The car is located in northern NM. Please contact me if you’d like more specific information. I can put you in touch with the owner directly.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  2. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    Extremely rare bird indeed and the most expensive Porsche sold in 1988 (in the U.S.)

I am surprised that the clutch was not replaced but the flywheel and pressure plate bolts were? Never seen that before

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    FWIW the official model designation is Cabriolet not convertible:) Best of luck with the sale.