Who put more miles on his 458 or 488? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who put more miles on his 458 or 488?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Principissimo, Jul 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kregu

Kregu Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    Europe
    This is so true!!!
    I agree 100% with you ED;)
    I did 4k in 5 months driving and enjoyed every km that I have done:D

2. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    yes used it a lot :)

3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I see different things Bruno ….

People who bring their 488 on a trailer to an event ….

Just to save the Kms of the trip from home and back ...

4. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Got my 458 Spider with 1,300 miles three months ago. I'm up to 3,300 miles currently. That said, it will have to go to bed for the winter soon.

5. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Bought my first 458 3 years ago and did 30 000 km in one year

Bought my second 458 last year and done 35 000 km in on year

AlfistaPortoghese and daytona355 like this.
  6. hoyul steven choi

Jul 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    hoyul steven choi
    I put 3k on my 488 spider in 2 months and that's with also driving r8 v10 plus and range rover as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I put 6k mi on my 458spider in 2 years now traded in and have had my 488spider 11 months but only 1100 mi
    The weather this past year has been less conducive to driving
    My mileage champ was an AMG GT Roadster with 33k miles in 3 years but at 26 k began to fall apart( tranny disintegration 60k covered by warranty and front and rear suspension fell apart required full replace Mt if subframes and components 30k also covered under warranty)
    It appears the 488/458 cars do ok with high mileage

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

daytona355 and cy0811 like this.
  8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I live in So. Al, so no snow to contend with. I’ve been DD a Ferrari for the past 15 years. And yes when it does rain too!

360 coupe logged. 68,000 miles
    California logged 67000 miles
    458 spider at 99,000 miles and counting

So yes modern Ferrari’s can be driven I’ve done 230,000 miles in FCars
    Can’t wait to try out the next generation of turbo hybrids

9. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    That’s so cool,u must be one happy dude! I hope I can get their.

10. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Standing ovation my friend

daytona355 likes this.
  11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Game over , you win !

daytona355 likes this.
  12. Pavan Pinnamaneni

Aug 21, 2018
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Pavan
    Wow MalibuGuy!! That is truly impressive! I just bought my first Ferrari 2 weeks ago (458 Spider) and i plan to put some miles on it too. Reading your post gives me more confidence now to do that. Unfortunately its been raining pretty much every day since i got it except for two lol. Did you purchase the extended warranty each year? Is that something you would recommend?

13. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    No I didn’t buy the extended warranty.
    Depending upon the year, a 458 spider can be a very reliable and dependable sports car.
    I personally think it is perhaps the best N.A. Model, in Ferrari history.

If you intend to keep the car for two or more years, yes consider the insurance policy of the extended
    warranty. If you trade your cars every year, don’t bother.

14. FerrariGenericUser

Oct 4, 2018
    Miami, FL
    I'm at 13,500 miles on my 2017 488 Spider... been pretty reliable.. only threw a belt once for no reason :)

15. birdie999

birdie999 Rookie

Jul 28, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    3K miles on the 458 spider after 5 months of ownership, with 5 other cars. 458 are very easy to use everyday when its not raining

16. Fiaat

Fiaat Rookie

Jul 28, 2018
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Much of the discussion centres around purchasing a used car and the relative financial impact of mileage. While buying a used vehicle is generally a more prudent financial decision whether that car has high or low mileage over purchasing new, I came to the conclusion years ago that I would no longer buy a used car. The experience of specing a car to one's precise tastes and desires, followed by the anticipation of waiting for delivery and the excitement of visiting the dealer when advised that your car has arrived elevates the entire process of purchasing a super car to a higher level. Furthermore, due to how anal I am about my car being pristine and flawless and knowing that no one else has ever owned the car previously, is very important to me. And having a relationship with a great dealer also offers benefits and an added degree of satisfaction to the ownership experience.

While super cars are rolling works of art that are aesthetic masterpieces and pleasure is derived by simply gazing at them, their inherent function is to be driven and they should be purchased for the thrill and excitement endgendered by being behind the wheel. It is a given, that higher mileage will diminish the ultimate value of the car, but if you love cars, limiting the opportunities to drive your car is counter productive to its ownership. I anxiously await every chance available to drive my car(s). I constantly check the weather report for the following day to know whether or not I will be driving it or not. If my car depreciates in value due to that reality, so beit.

geochin and shawdut like this.
  18. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    i put 7000 miles a year on FCars. ~5000 miles a year on my 458 Spider (it has 20,000 miles after 4 years) and 2000 miles a year on my 488. Both are just used for fun driving after work or weekends (I have a different DD). I drive them all whenever I want, rain or shine. I bought them to enjoy.

19. A mile saved on the odometer, is about 10 miles lost on memory lane.