Bought My First Ferrari two days ago ! | FerrariChat

Bought My First Ferrari two days ago !

Discussion in '360/430' started by neil e dale, Oct 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. neil e dale

neil e dale Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Hi bought my first Ferrari a couple days ago ! 2008, F430 spyder ! thanks to the seller John T , and the broker," Ferrari Mike " ( as he was referred to by a car shipper today ! ) AKA yellow compass who turned me on to it ! yes , I can advise, say if you are looking to purchase a Ferrari just call him ! , answer his questions and voila! like an old country matchmaker ! he will put you together w/ the ideal car! (and the seller.) yes, you pay him. I ended up w/a truly exceptional car! perfect nearly ! Mike has reportedly "sold" over 100 Ferrari's this year! the thing is, he knows of Ferraris that are NOT advertised ! and it can be a good deal for all involved ! the seller can get more than a trade-in and you can have your Ferrari for much less than a greedy dealer would charge ! ( I did join FCA and there are hardly any for sale there ! ) The ones on the net , by the time I could check them out were usually sold ! So, you have seen this car before in these pages! now it's mine Hopefully will be delivered to Tucson, AZ soon! ........2008 F430 spyder 6,500 miles ....from the former ad : "Red/tan, 6,500 miles, XPel paint protection across complete front, mirrors, lowers since day 1 (replaced). I cant say its perfect because its not brand new, but this is as close as you will find. I searched high and low and waited patiently for the perfect car with all the right options and this one checked all the boxes. I figured I would keep this one for a long time so I wanted the best one I could find. But life changes and its time to give this one to its next caretaker...( and the next .and... the next ! .......This car is nothing short of stunning if you can appreciate a car with these factory options. Only aftermarket item is amazing sounding Capristo Exhaust (original in the box). Fully serviced @ 6,345 and needs nothing. There are many on the market for less $ but none like this one. " gee! I agree ! ...........Regards, Neil [​IMG] Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    congrats! how does this compare to the GT3 in the garage?

neil e dale likes this.
  3. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Congrats!
    Enjoy it in good health

neil e dale likes this.
  4. PBT58

PBT58 Karting

Jul 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Peter T
    Beautiful!
    I know first hand the excitement you are feeling right now.
    (I bought my first Ferrari yesterday)

Congratulations!

Jasflora, 550nitis and neil e dale like this.
  5. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I’m envious and I have a Scud the same year and color! I’d like to have a Capristo exhaust too.

Enjoy.

neil e dale likes this.
  6. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    Congratulation from me! The only thing is: Please push the exhaust further on the catalysts. ;) Wish you a lot of fun and nice days!

neil e dale likes this.
  7. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Congratulations!

neil e dale likes this.
  8. bzubi

bzubi Karting

May 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Full Name:
    Bashar Zubi
    Beautiful; congrats

fga4 and neil e dale like this.
  9. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Beautiful! Congratulations! Mike is a great guy - brings a lot of new owners together with their first Ferrari.

Erik

eyeman1234 and neil e dale like this.
  10. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Congrats. Almost seems as though this is more an ad for mike than the car but regardless gorgeous car and have fun with her

neil e dale likes this.
  11. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Congrats and don't be a stranger on this forum. Lots of knowledgable folks

neil e dale likes this.
  12. BimmerOSU

BimmerOSU Rookie

Apr 19, 2017
    Westerville, Ohio
    Congrats looks awesome!

neil e dale likes this.
  13. LarryC

LarryC Karting

Jun 5, 2013
    Saint Petersburg
    Congrats and welcome to the club

neil e dale likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    congrats!!! 430s rock

timjen88 and neil e dale like this.
  15. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats! Enjoy.

neil e dale likes this.
  16. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    THANK YOU ! it has the gen 2 exhaust manifold I am told. yes, some headers are on my wishlist ! - someday! absurd the " Ferrari tax "prices tho'! 10X+ the price of any other V-8 headers? well it is what it is ! pipe bending is not in my skillset! - yet!

17. Melon767

Melon767 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2017
    Newnan GA
    Full Name:
    Bob Dean
    Congrats. Now go enjoy the hell out of it!

neil e dale likes this.
  18. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Fair comment ! tried not not be too
    ob·se·qui·ous
    əbˈsēkwēəs/
    adjective
    1. obedient or attentive to an excessive or servile degree.
      "they were served by obsequious waiters"
      synonyms: servile, ingratiating, sycophantic, fawning, unctuous, oily, oleaginous, groveling, cringing, subservient, submissive, slavish;
      informalbrown-nosing, bootlicking, smarmy;
      vulgar slangass-kissing
      "an elderly gentlemen surrounded by obsequious heirs"

Sky Hye likes this.
  19. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Congrats! I’m also curious to know your thoughts on the 430 v gt3 after you get some seat time in the fcar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil e dale likes this.
  20. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    #20 neil e dale, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    If I ever get/ drive a GT3 ! ? i'll say ! the photo was at a former owner of the Ferrari! - not my house ! I'm across the country ! he sold the Ferrari so mayhaps that speaks volumes? I do hear, believe the Porsche is a more usable everyday sports car! I have other cars for every day, & for occasional, use the Ferrari is the pinnacle in my garage! - and I've read steers better ! and no 6 cyl can sound like a V-8 It's the science of psychoacoustics !

21. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    THANKS I intend to ! why i bought it not to just admire tho' i reckon i'll be doing that too !

Jasflora likes this.
  22. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    sorry don'y understand ? thx

23. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    How did I miss this? Congrats! Looks absolutely perfect.
    How has the ownership experience been so far?

neil e dale likes this.
  24. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Yes as delivered it came with four non-functioning TPMS yet the last mechanic claimed he had installed four new ones at a major service in June I've asked repeatedly aren't those under warranty ?'because even the generic ones purchased at say Advance Auto Parts come with a 3-year warranty he and the broker involved in purchasing the vehicle have been nonresponsive in solving this issue I was told it" needs nothing ,it is perfect." By the broker in. N Y that is clearly incorrect! I took it to two different tire shops who confirmed with their diagnosis tool that all four sensors are dead! a very unusual occurrence. especially as the independent Ferrari mechanic claims 4 genuine Ferrari ones were installed in June 2018 it appears I was ill-advised and misled as to the condition of the vehicle I am disappointed and dismayed I have a receipt saying all 4 TPMS were replaced in June 18' he charged a former owner $200 each supposedly genuine Ferrari are the factory parts covered by warranty ? I have sent at least 4 texts and emails w/ no satisfactory response at all
    this point I think I need to take it to a genuine Ferrari dealer and see what else is not right! But the nearest one is 125 miles away ............

25. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    we, my spouse Janjie and I drove it up to the FCA desert chapter X mass dinner at the Phoenix Biltmore resort. Dec 1 had a good time! we are used to the speed as we used to ride superbikes! went up the back way, (old road, not the interstate ) Tucson to Phoenix four weeks ago 125 miles averaged over 100 MPH! fast fun trip! Always stop at the Tom Mix memorial and take a break , tip our hat, make a toast to another fast driver ! ( he was a famous Hollywood cowboy star )-
    Tom Mix
    Thomas Edwin Mix (born Thomas Hezikiah Mix;[1] January 6, 1880 – October 12, 1940) was an American film actor and the star of many early Western movies between 1909 and 1935. Mix appeared in 291 films, all but nine of which were silent movies. He was Hollywood's first Western star and helped define the genre as it emerged in the early days of the cinema.[1]
    He died in 1940 when traveling in his 1937 supercharged cord

On October 12, 1940, after visiting Pima County Sheriff Ed Echols in Tucson, Arizona,[3] Mix headed north toward Phoenix on U.S. Highway 80 (now Arizona State Route 79), driving his supercharged 1937 Cord 812 Phaeton.at over 100MPH he came upon construction and went into a ditch. he survived that but the large trunk on the package shelf behind him came lose and hit him in the head, breaking his neck! He was known to be a very skilled driver who drove fast and frequently over 100 MPH! ( in his 1930's "supercar " ! ) [​IMG]